Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alert...75 914 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pugbug
This from Seattle Craigslist....Pics look ok.
Might be a deal for someone close.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/126568051.html
Pugbug
Looks good from here....Nice wheels too.
bd1308
if you were AA, you could probably make $850 from that GENUINE luggage rack....
r_towle
Where is Craig, that is in his hunting grounds....

bd1308
it looks spongeworthy from that angle.

b
r_towle
what kinda car is in front of it?
bd1308
a british car?

triumph/MG?

Rand
This might help with the other car...

r_towle
I already did that on my desktop..

I cant tell,,vega, 240z...cant be my favorite italian brand ...is it...

rich
boxstr
Waiting for more pics and details.
CCLINMYLIST
johannes
This is a fiat 124 coupe (model 1- 1966 - 1969)
Bleyseng
QUOTE (Pugbug @ Jan 18 2006, 09:33 PM)
Looks good from here....Nice wheels too.

I hate those wheels! smash.gif

Rand, you need a second car!
Root_Werks
Even if it needs hell hole repairing, that is a good deal. Crap, I just bought a project 914 too just 2 days ago. Wonder if the wife will let me have another one? screwy.gif
Bleyseng
I have the black 72 in the garage with the Westy blocking the driveway sooo I'm full up. Damn!
Pugbug
Damn...I should look into it myself....I wonder what red tape is involved to get it into Canada?
I need another project like I need a hole in the head....I would have to get rid of the 79 beetle vert.
Bleyseng
Anybody know if its a 2.0L or a 1.8L?? unsure.gif
Rand
Rand, you need a second car!

Geoff, I've been thinking about it. I doubt it would need any more rust repair than my black car did! Couldn't go wrong at that price for sure.

I emailed the guy hoping to at least take a look at it and report back here. If I see it I'll take photos of the key areas.

If someone here is already planning on buying, let me know and I'll stay out of the way.
dinomium
OH MAN Orange plaid seats!!
I just might need a fourth piece of lawn art! spank.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 19 2006, 08:05 AM)
Anybody know if its a 2.0L or a 1.8L?? unsure.gif

Bleyseng
Shit, I should buy it just for the seats alone! I would trade my black leather seats for the orange plaid!
Root_Werks
Last time something like this happened it was for a $900 74 914 2.0. I begged and pleeded with someone else to buy it. Same thing, hadn't run in years. No one would buy it, so I finally wound up nabbing it for $700. Brought it home, put a fresh battery in it and it ran great. Replaced a few dried out hoses here and there and sold it for $2k to a member on the club on the East coast.

Please don't make be buy another one. I have enough sitting in my garage/driveway already. laugh.gif
rjames
I just emailed him to try and set up a time to look at it as it's apparently right in my neighborhood. If it turns out to be a parts car I'd be interested in going in on it with another local member...
boxstr
I emailed the seller yesterday right after he posted and have yet to receive a reply??
CCLINWTF
Bleyseng
QUOTE (rjames @ Jan 19 2006, 01:39 PM)
I just emailed him to try and set up a time to look at it as it's apparently right in my neighborhood. If it turns out to be a parts car I'd be interested in going in on it with another local member...

I'd be interested ....... popcorn[1].gif
Rand
I'm sensing a theme.... I emailed him yesterday and haven't had an email or phone reply.
Bleyseng
Like the black 72 Blair bought.....The guy posts ads everywhere and leaves town for a week. DUH! We lucked out that he called back later on.......
Pugbug
For you racers...Another car for sale in the same area....Not cheap though.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/125960914.html

dinomium
QUOTE (Pugbug @ Jan 19 2006, 06:40 PM)

I have seen that thing in action! IT IS FFFFfffaaassst! And loud as hell!
I emailed the guy too, but no response...

Plaid seats would SO RAWK!!!
rhodyguy
i emailed him and told him he wasn't asking enough for the car. have fun guys.

k
boxstr
The seller of the 914 replied with more pics. Go for it guy's. I'm out.
CLINNOTHANKYOU
dinomium
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 20 2006, 04:52 PM)
i emailed him and told him he wasn't asking enough for the car. have fun guys.

k

maybe YOU should wear the funny hat! flipa.gif
Bruce Allert
Hey Craig, would'ja share the pics??? Just curious popcorn[1].gif

...b
Rand
The pics she emailed me didn't reveal anything more than the craigslist pics, except more rust on the hood and rocker panels. Did you get anything better Craig?

I may go take a look and get some pics that will really tell us something.

She said this about the car:

"The car has a 1.8 liter engine and is fuel injected. It hasn't been driven in about 8 years, at which point it ran, but had an intermittant stalling problem involving a stuck air flow meter gate. Before that, it was driven daily for about 5 years. I've been told the stalling and stuck gate are commonly caused by intake backfiring due to misadjusted valves. Also, it will need a new battery."

Stuck air flow meter gate? Hmm.
Gobstopper
QUOTE (Pugbug @ Jan 19 2006, 05:40 PM)

Note the last three digits in the URL.
Hmmmm, why do those digits seem so familiar?
Rand
She sold it this morning. Curious who got it? Anyone here?
Bleyseng
not me kenny.gif
dinomium
wasnt me... burnout.gif
Rand
"Wadn't me!" laugh.gif (What movie was that again?)

I think it was Craig.... yeah, wouldn't share the photos... just says "I'm out..." Yeah...

Just kidding Craig. I'm not crying over this one. If I had bought it I would sell the seats to Geoff though. laugh.gif

Lets see if anyone confesses....
Bleyseng
betcha those seats are the first thing the new owner take out and sit in the rain to rot......but I still liked em. dry.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 21 2006, 11:57 PM)
betcha those seats are the first thing the new owner take out and sit in the rain to rot......but I still liked em. dry.gif

that would be ashame! i liked em too!
messix
"Wadn't me!" (What movie was that again?)
rocket man the movie. funny chit
rjames
Wasn't me either, I got the email and was psyched to go check it out. Sold awful quick...I'm thinking it was worth the $850 they were asking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.