Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avon Tech R's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
What do people think about Avon Tech R's for AX? Tire rack has them on sale for $119 for 205/50/15
DanT
Grant,
Larry Sharp ran them on his '74 Carrera 2.7RS last season. And you can see how he did with them. Check the GGR website for his results.
wink.gif
Trekkor
They are supposed to be fantastic...
Wait, they are fantastic. Larry Sharp run's 'em. dry.gif
They last all year, too.

I may try them after the Kumho 710's. I think the 710's rate the best and are pretty afordable considering how long they last.

Are these the R's or RA's?

KT
Porcharu
MMM - street tires!!!!
Trekkor
street tires

In name only, believe me. rolleyes.gif

running a 30-60 treadwear slick with two grooves is nothing like the treadwear420 tires on mom's sedan.

KT
DanT
the Rs are $119
The RAs are $164

I still think I am going to use the Yoko A032Rs...I have used them before and feel comfortable with them. May give up a little in ultimate grip...but I know they will last an entire season. wink.gif
Have to make it up with driving unsure.gif huh.gif laugh.gif
Trekkor
Grant and I both ran on the Yok's last year.
They are good. No doubt.

KT
Dr. Roger
Trekkor,

do you know how wide the yok's go in a 15" wheel by any chance?

roger
Trekkor
205's for sure, possibly 225's...I'll check.

just a minute

KT
Trekkor
tire rack sizing

only 205's at TR dry.gif

KT
Trekkor
Avon Tech-R's are also shown at 205/50 while the RA's are offered in 225/45 idea.gif

KT
Joe Ricard
Yea baby 225/45-15
I think when My Hoosiers wear out I will need 245/45 or 245/50 Got to fill them flares and handle my new HP.

I am just about tired of worrying about what class I run it. JUST LET ME RACE I got to beat the the S2000. raw time but PAX would be better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.