Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just bought B. Andersons 911 Perf. Handbook
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Although it doesnt pertain to my 914-4, there is gobs of info here, and The Barnes/Noble gift card I had in my wallet since Christmas finally paid off!
thesey914
Yeah -Its a really good book to have....loads of technical specs etc.
tryan
it's a great book read on the crapper. i like the year to year changes sections. the evollution if you will.

i had his highness sign mine.

a dollar to the person to guess my sig.
thesey914
Butt kicking ham sandwiches?
tryan
close. hint. the first letter is a name.
J P Stein
Bubba's Kathouse & High Shcool?

Chris, the road to ruin lays in those pages.....doan say I didn't warn ya.
tryan
brad knows his shit.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(tryan @ Aug 29 2003, 02:52 PM)
brad knows his shit.

that may be true - but i bet in this case it's "Bruce Knows His Stuff"
Brad Roberts
Hey.. I guessed it before I scrolled down (didnt know you where going to give the answer in this thread) Bruce and I get along great... he loves the 914's.

B
Jeroen
So, when can we expect a "914 performance handbook" by B.Robberts???

I think we could use one. The Paternie 914 book is a piece of crap!

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
What amazes me is the fact that somebody writes a book but NOBODY I know has even spoken to the guy. I think he hung out with George Hussey and "gained" his knowledge.

B
Jeroen
IIRC it was some sort of collaboration with Pelican
From the top of my head, it even contains some pelican "how to" articles
But the book is no where near the other books Wayne published

I believe Paternie also wrote a 911 book...

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
He does hang out on the PP boards.
Dave_Darling
He's a So Cal guy, somewhat active with the PCA down that-a-way. I don't think he's a 914 guy, though...

Pelican (Wayne specifically) provided most of the photos for the book. I'm not sure if we provided any of the material in the written parts of the book.

Paternie has ... umm... somewhat of a reputation for writing "cut-and-paste" type books.

I agree, there is definitely room to do a "914 performance handbook". But probably not enough of a market to make it profitable. sad.gif

--DD
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 31 2003, 08:28 AM)
I agree, there is definitely room to do a "914 performance handbook". But probably not enough of a market to make it profitable.

okay - i've seen the commercials about "getting published."

i'm a writer, photographer, editor, graphic designer, been and around the publishing field for about 30 years (on the production side) and 4 year veteran of PCA newsletter production with a bunch of PageMaker experience (and being courted by RTR to do it again here...)

i agree with Dave insofar as 914 people in particular, and racer people in general are - ah - frugal. so nevermind the perfect binding, the 4-color covers (beyond what inkjet can reasonably accomplish) and the other glitz.

but i've always thought the "document on demand" concept had merit ever since the introduction of the first 300 dpi LaserJet - the hardware and software tools available nowadays are far superior to what we had available 20 yrs ago. there's also the DTP-to-CD option (PDF's) in which case you're selling just the content, people can print their own personal copies of the pages (after which, of course, the CD self-destructs to prevent copying :-) ...)

or you presume from the get-go that there will be no profit in it and put everything on the web for free...

i'm not in a position to bankroll such a project, and i would expect a measurable (not necessarily huge) return for the expenditure of my time - but if people are serious about putting together some kind of project, i'd like to be part of the team.
Brad Roberts
Sooner later we will utilize your experience Rich. Right now my focus is on a Eccommerce section for the club (to help support the club). I could see doing some sort of "published document" in the near future.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.