Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: WTF? Can it get any worse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Sorry to have to post this, but I'm about to lose it...

Hunter's OTHER good leg fractured today. So now both legs are broken.

Please note that we are not doing this. He has Osteopenia (brittle bones) because he is unable to walk, crawl, sit or stand. These types of activities strengthen your muscles AND BONES and thicken the bone walls. His are very thin.

Also, his medications leach many of the minerals from his bones, so they are weakened even further.

Both fractures over the bast two weeks occured during a simple diaper change.

I feel so bad that he has to experience all this. Thank God for Motrin and Tylenol to take some of the pain away.

So, thank you for all of your kind thoughts and well wishes. Say a prayer that things get better for him.
Mueller
not sure what to say........I feel bad for the poor little guy....he's got to have a heck of a lot of spirt to keep on going, which is good news for all involved.
drew365
Karl; I'm not a prayin kind of guy, but I certainly feel for Hunter and hope some good luck comes his way soon. He and your family deserve some. Hang in there!
tryan
keep the faith, bro. he is in GOD's hands and will get better.my thoughts and prayers for the little man.

t
campbellcj
Once thing I've learned in the last two years is that little kids are very resilient. It sure breaks your heart when they are sick/hurt, but more often than not they bounce right back.

Our thoughts will be with Hunter (and his parents)...keep the faith guys...
Aaron Cox
im sorry, he and your family will be in our prayers. the lil guy is tough.
Don Wohlfarth
Hunter's problems make any problems I could have seem small.
Hang in there my friend.
nebreitling
Jeez it hurts to think of such a cute little guy wub.gif having to go through such difficult stuff. He must be incredibly brave and resilient -- and must have some of the best parents around. Hang in there. He has my best

nathan
Dave Cawdrey
Sounds like you brought some of "MY" luck back to Florida w/ you Karl. sad.gif

Hang in there, brother...
ein 6er
poor little guy!!

boy, it just doesn't seem right that kids should have such problems.

best wishes hunter!!
ChrisReale
Jeez karl, Im sorry for Hunter and for you and your wife to have to see him go through the pain. I'll be thinking of him and you guys
rick 918-S
Sorry for bumping to viewing count up. I read your post and couldn't bring myself to respond. I have two healthy boys that seem to take life and everything around them for granted. Their good boys but not very feeling. I feel deeply for you and your family. Your lifes and experiences are very different than most of us. The best things in life are small. You must capture those moments and hold them dear. A smile, a quite moment, a special hug, those memories will get you through the most diffecult of times.
This is the deepest thought I've ever expressed.
TheCabinetmaker
Karl, my 2nd granddaughter was born with 2 brain tumors. She had 5 surgery's before she was 2yrs old. The doctors prepared us for the worst when she was born. She is now 14 and the captain of her championship softball team. Miracles are real and prayer works. I will pray for you and yours.

Best regards, Curt
ChrisReale
Well said vsg914
redshift
What could words do Karl, I am so sorry to hear this news.

You just look at him, and see a better future.. you are the kind of guy that can make that all happen.

As messy as it is for this moment, small miracles along the way will make things right, you just do what you do....

You are a damned good guy, easy to see, and it's all for a reason.

I can't imagine what it is, but if I can ever be of *any* assistance, I'm right here. wavey.gif

I hope he can rest ok for now, poor lil thing.. give him a smile from us.

smile.gif

Miles
-P-
Best of luck to you and your beautiful family Karl.
Steve
Karl,

I'll keep Hunter in my prayers.

Steve
Chris H.
That's terrible news Karl. Poor little guy.

You are all in our prayers.

Chris H.
Brad Roberts
Karl.. I suck at being "soft"

but, if I could hug him right now.. I would (gently).

Sean.. can we get a kids sized 914club shirt made for Hunter ?? It would make my year to see him in a little club shirt. It would seal the deal on us being a "family" friendly site.

B
Scott Carlberg
Karl wrote:
"Please note that we are not doing this".

Karl,
WHILE your son (and the rest of your family) was going thru his surgery, YOU took the
time to write that wonderful letter to European Car about Korijo/Dave.

I seriously doubt if any of us have EVER thought Hunter's parents were doing ANYthing
but the best for him.

Your son Hunter, has a Great Father.
Hang in there, we're thinking about the little fella.
Bleyseng
Sorry to hear that it happened again to Hunter.
He is such a cute guy!

Give him a hug for me.

Geoff
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 30 2003, 07:30 AM)
Sorry to hear that it happened again to Hunter.
He is such a cute guy!

Give him a hug for me.

Geoff

agree.gif wub.gif
VegasRacer
God always gives special kids to special parents.
You and Hunter are blessed to have each other.

I'll be praying for better days ahead.
fiid
Sorry to hear this happened to poor little Hunter.

Hang in there, Karl, it'll work itself out. Best wishes to mom too.

All the best,

Fiid.

P.S. It's a shame ya can't fix people like a 914 - could just get one of the CNC guys to stamp out some leg stiffening kits (I'd take a new radius for my arm too :-) ). One day maybe. Titanium skeletal upgrade.
Jeroen
Man, this breaks my heart and clutters up my throat...

cheers,

Jeroen
DNHunt
Karl

Hunter, your wife and you are in my prayers.

Dave
Carl
Karl,
The 914 is the simple, inconsequential, interest that brings us together but the problems you're living through with your son show the dedication and committment that matter. My wife and I went through some tough times with our son too, and I'm sorry your family has to deal with this.

You have our best wishes that Hunter's future is brighter.

Carl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.