Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is wrong with this sparkplug ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Dinked around today chasing a high rpm mis on my 76 and started getting the itch to pull things all apart on the 72.
Pulled off a bunch of FI stuff and finally pulled the sparkplugs. Wow, looky here when number 2 came out.
I was also able to turn the motor over as its been stuck for awhile.

Also poured the water out of the aircleaner,,,now how does water get inside the aircleaner?

Ok, back to the plug.
Its slightly smashed probably from the dreaded dropped valve seat syndrome and the helicoil came out with it. Always love DPO that use Autolite plugs barf.gif This head probably has a real nice crack from the valve seat to the plug helping to let the seat fall out.
We'll see when the motor is all apart what the final problem is but I am betting on the above. dry.gif
Jake Raby
You can go ahead and remove the head.... It certainly needs to be.

Autolite spark plugs are for Fords- Not Porsches!
Bleyseng
The plan is to remove the heads and send them to Len as money allows....Blair is footing the bill on this car.

Jake, How are the rods coming? wink.gif
bd1308
hijack mode...

what plugs are recommended for the porsche?

Bosch Supers?

I have heard that the run of the mill plugs are too long.....

b
TeamAxisRacing
alfred.gif nice plug. you should try and stick that one in the bus along with thee helicoil it might acually work heheh smash.gif ill work on the car tommarow since i am finally feeling somewhat better now, after being sick all week
Eddie914
Autolite?

Everyone knows that Bosch plugs like this are the only type for Porsche engines!
bd1308
plug was a little too warm for that engine huh laugh.gif

joea9146
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jan 19 2006, 11:13 PM)
hijack mode...

what plugs are recommended for the porsche?

Bosch Supers?

I have heard that the run of the mill plugs are too long.....

b

I Run NGK Plugs....
chilli
NGK, never a problem street or track

mike driving.gif driving.gif
bd1308
sorry for the hijack...

back to the news....

b
Jake Raby
Better get those heads to Len quick!
His days of *rebuilding* used castings are numbered....

He is finally as fed up with casting repairs as I was 4-5 years ago and our next head development will abolish all used head repairs and replace them with new castings.

Used heads are getting worse and worse the older the engines get and the more idiots try to rebuild them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.