Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 356 on Barrett-Jackson
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnmhudson111
for $125,000

1958 A cab nice but screwy.gif
MattR
A B coupe went yesterday for a good price. I was kinda suprised... then I remembered it had a 4 cylinder... NARP!!!
boxstr
Tuesday night a 1990 Porsche Targa C2 with 37000 miles red/black sold for $37500. All the money is $25000 for that car, you had better make sure it had all of the 964 upgrades.
CCLINWATCHINBJ
Lou W
MattR Posted on Jan 19 2006, 08:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A B coupe went yesterday for a good price. I was kinda suprised... then I remembered it had a 4 cylinder... NARP!!!  

Yah, I think it was $60,000.00

Sure alot of American cars, and not much European cars. They said something like 100 Corvettes this year too.
SGB
it is amazing. the 356B last night was ONLY $50K. What about the Amphicar? $115K. I remember seeing one of those around here when I was a kid. Whats next, Nash Metropolitans? I had a high school buddy with a 69 Mustang GTA (prolly worth at last $10K)- I think he sold it for $800 to buy an AAR 340 Cuda (what, maybe $75K today?), and there was another pal with a 383 Challenger then a 390 AMX, (who knows...) and one other guy I knew had a GTX.... I can't imagine what kinda bucks those cars would bring. There are still some really sad examples of some muscle cars for sale around here pretty cheap, compartively, even understanding that most have been beat to mississippi and back through the corn fields.I'm sure I should by 'em up.
jasons
My office is right next door to the BJ. I mean the view out my window is the main tent. All week long we watch car carriers full of bitchin cars roll in. Now, I can hear the auctioneer all day and all I hear are numbers I just can't believe.
boxstr
GTX Belvedere Hemi "Clone" show quality went for $110,00 and a "real " Charger Hemi not a show quality went for only $60,000. Most of the Corvettes are going for over $100,000 if they have some judging history.
CCLINBJMYWAY
Lou W
Craig, Are you there this year?
boxstr
No not this year. I had thought about taking this rare 914, but I just couldn't get it up tho BJ standards.
CCLINBJONSPEED
blitZ
Barrett Jackson seems to get ridiculous prices. It's where big boys with deep pockets go to buy their toys. Can't blame them. If you got a classic, that's the place to sell. I still remember the Olds concept car that sold for 3.2M few years ago. Looked like a pissing match at the end.
MoveQik
I will be going today so I'll post lots of pics this afternoon.
Ferg
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jan 20 2006, 06:30 AM)
I will be going today so I'll post lots of pics this afternoon.

We need another one of Waide checking out some guys woman. lol2.gif ph34r.gif

Ferg
Ferg
Oh and if your taking request's, i've got a station wagon fetish, so any wagon's would be great! They don't get the airtime on speed.

Ferg biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (Ferg @ Jan 20 2006, 07:24 AM)
Oh and if your taking request's, i've got a station wagon fetish, so any wagon's would be great! They don't get the airtime on speed.

Ferg biggrin.gif

Waide is going with me so I'll make sure that I get him in the act!

I'll look for some wagons and get some shots for you. You can check out the auction results here:
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresu...sp?auctionid=52
davep
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 19 2006, 07:31 PM)

whadaya mean, NARP. Porsche #1 had a 4cyl in mid engine config. Everything different after that is NARP.
charlesmac
Did ya'll (that's right i'm from missippi) see the '56 vw convertible go for $47,000, and the '65 vw single cab truck go for $43,000 the other night? They were both restored back to original, very nice.
jasons
QUOTE (charlesmac @ Jan 20 2006, 07:50 AM)
Did ya'll (that's right i'm from missippi) see the '56 vw convertible go for $47,000, and the '65 vw single cab truck go for $43,000 the other night? They were both restored back to original, very nice.

Yeah, those prices are insane though. I don't think the single cab was original. I don't think it had the 36 horse motor.
Ferg
QUOTE (jasons @ Jan 20 2006, 08:01 AM)
Did ya'll (that's right i'm from missippi) see the '56 vw convertible go for $47,000, and the '65 vw single cab truck go for $43,000 the other night?  They were both restored back to original, very nice.

Yeah, those prices are insane though. I don't think the single cab was original. I don't think it had the 36 horse motor.

the single cab looked to be restored to far better than original... the paint and metal work looked way above vw new standard. And the bed looked to have been rinolined in white... super cool truck.

Ferg.
jasons
QUOTE (Ferg @ Jan 20 2006, 08:11 AM)
Did ya'll (that's right i'm from missippi) see the '56 vw convertible go for $47,000, and the '65 vw single cab truck go for $43,000 the other night?  They were both restored back to original, very nice.

the single cab looked to be restored to far better than original... the paint and metal work looked way above vw new standard. And the bed looked to have been rinolined in white... super cool truck.

Ferg.

Sorry, I have to respecfully differ with you. I don't consider a rhino-lined bed better than original. Not for $44k + 8% buyers premium + 8% sales tax(maybe only for AZ residents, not sure about that).

You can easily procure and restore a single cab for close to half that. You could probably even farm alot of the work out.

Either way, I know alot of single cab owners rejoiced when that one sold. Double cab owners did back flips.
Ferg
QUOTE (jasons @ Jan 20 2006, 08:28 AM)
QUOTE (Ferg @ Jan 20 2006, 08:11 AM)

Ferg.

Sorry, I have to respecfully differ with you. I don't consider a rhino-lined bed better than original. Not for $44k + 8% buyers premium + 8% sales tax(maybe only for AZ residents, not sure about that).

You can easily procure and restore a single cab for close to half that. You could probably even farm alot of the work out.

Either way, I know alot of single cab owners rejoiced when that one sold. Double cab owners did back flips.

Not positive about the rino lined bed, but it did have some sort of white finish... i'm no vw guru for sure.

what impressed me, on tv at least, was how razor straight the body was, i've never seen panel's that straight, (reflecting the stage lights) the drop gate sides were unreal... I wasn't trying to justify the price, but only point out that it appeared nicer than the average resto job...

i do love velvet green though wub.gif

Ferg
jasons
QUOTE (Ferg @ Jan 20 2006, 08:34 AM)

what impressed me, on tv at least, was how razor straight the body was, i've never seen panel's that straight, (reflecting the stage lights) the drop gate sides were unreal... I wasn't trying to justify the price, but only point out that it appeared nicer than the average resto job...

i do love velvet green though wub.gif

Ferg

Yeah, its alot of work to make one of those things straight. They probably never were straight from the factory.
charlesmac
Jasons i think you are right about the engine, i seem to remember seeing it flash on the screen that it had a 1500.
I agree it (actually both it and the vert) looked far better than original. It looked like the'56 had every possible option that might have been available. I would've never thought they would bring that much, but i guess if you got it to spend, spend it.
pfierb
QUOTE (blitZ @ Jan 20 2006, 07:57 AM)
Barrett Jackson seems to get ridiculous prices. It's where big boys with deep pockets go to buy their toys. Can't blame them. If you got a classic, that's the place to sell. I still remember the Olds concept car that sold for 3.2M few years ago. Looked like a pissing match at the end.

Never forget that guy with the red Ferrari cap and fleece jacket bidding and winning that car it was bizzare.....he was sure on a high.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (pfierb @ Jan 20 2006, 06:16 PM)
Barrett Jackson seems to get ridiculous prices.  It's where big boys with deep pockets go to buy their toys.  Can't blame them.  If you got a classic, that's the place to sell.  I still remember the Olds concept car that sold for 3.2M few years ago. Looked like a pissing match at the end.

Never forget that guy with the red Ferrari cap and fleece jacket bidding and winning that car it was bizzare.....he was sure on a high.

He was a buyer for a collection that is somewhere in CO. If I remember right. Nice to get to play with someone else's $$$$$....

They interviewed the guy from Tenneessee (wore a UT baseball cap) that was bidding against that guy in the Ferrari hat, he said that the Ferrari hat guy pissed him off so he ran up the price to get back at him.
pfierb
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Jan 21 2006, 01:29 AM)
QUOTE (pfierb @ Jan 20 2006, 06:16 PM)
Barrett Jackson seems to get ridiculous prices.  It's where big boys with deep pockets go to buy their toys.  Can't blame them.  If you got a classic, that's the place to sell.  I still remember the Olds concept car that sold for 3.2M few years ago. Looked like a pissing match at the end.

He was a buyer for a collection that is somewhere in CO. If I remember right. Nice to get to play with someone else's $$$$$....

They interviewed the guy from Tenneessee (wore a UT baseball cap) that was bidding against that guy in the Ferrari hat, he said that the Ferrari hat guy pissed him off so he ran up the price to get back at him.

The guy with the Ferrari cap on looked like a goof ball.....but somebody trusted him with big bucks.... I can see how he pissed off the other guy he was starting to make me want to stuff a rag in his mouth and tie him down to a chair.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (pfierb @ Jan 21 2006, 11:41 AM)

The guy with the Ferrari cap on looked like a goof ball.....but somebody trusted him with big bucks.... I can see how he pissed off the other guy he was starting to make me want to stuff a rag in his mouth and tie him down to a chair.

I have seen him a couple of times today. He is a dhead.gif
Joe Bob
My old ladies on the 356 chat have been talking about the BJ all week. They can't believe that the crappy "B" went for that much.....they hate "B"s BTW....
pfierb
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Jan 21 2006, 09:10 PM)

The guy with the Ferrari cap on looked like a goof ball.....but somebody trusted him with big bucks.... I  can see how he pissed off the other guy he was starting to make me want to stuff a rag in his mouth and tie him down to a chair.

Do you know what he is bidding on this year?
jasons
QUOTE (pfierb @ Jan 22 2006, 02:17 AM)

The guy with the Ferrari cap on looked like a goof ball.....but somebody trusted him with big bucks.... I  can see how he pissed off the other guy he was starting to make me want to stuff a rag in his mouth and tie him down to a chair.

I don't know, but the other bidders must have lynched him, he has a broken arm.
pfierb
QUOTE (jasons @ Jan 22 2006, 10:46 AM)

Pretty tough on him only one arm to wave around.....won't attract as much attention as two.
jasons
QUOTE (pfierb @ Jan 22 2006, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (jasons @ Jan 22 2006, 10:46 AM)

Pretty tough on him only one arm to wave around.....won't attract as much attention as two.

I think they tore up his red shirt he always wears in the meelee. He managed to get the hat down his pants and no one wanted to go near that.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.