Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I find an acid dip place?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Cawdrey
I am thinking about dipping my tub. I've been searching the yellow pages, to no avail.

Anyone local have a lead ? Just trying to finger it out.
smilie_rolli_1.gif
boxstr
Why acid dip and not media blast??
CCLI'LLBEDIPPED
Dave Cawdrey
Thinking of a color change, and Brads topic is getting to me.

Blasting is cheaper, right ?
Qarl
Blasting would be better in your case. Acid does gets rid of rust, which has to then be repaired.

Blasting is cheaper too. My total car is about $600 or so (inside and out, top and bottom).

Your Olympic Blue color is fine. Not a common color. Plus the original color is better, right?

If it were mine, I would blast it, then repaint it original.
Dave Cawdrey
I really like the Olympic blue. Good thinkin Karl.

So, no color change !! And I guess no dip.

I CAN find a blaster wink.gif
boxstr
Kevin in Tacoma may hacve a source for you. If not there is one down here in Portland who has done allot of work for me. They can do a whole car with glass in and tires still on. I think though it is a better idea to get as much exterior stuff off as you can. Take a look at the one I just stripped for body and paint.
Go to the "Is this car worth saving" thread. They have done complete 914s for $450.
Clean up can be kind of tiresome, gives your vacuum a good work out. Recommend a shop vac.
CCLINMEDIAMODE
Qarl
Nice avatar of the elephant taking a dump! heh heh heh!

pain30.gif
Dave Cawdrey
I guess I could hi-jack my own thread. Pics of the zoo, comin' up...
Dave Cawdrey
nuther
Dave Cawdrey
me and Keone headed home...
Qarl
Hey... in that second pic, it looks like you just ran some pedestrian off the road!!!

Lookout!!!!!! smilie_rolli_1.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif
Dave Cawdrey
one more
Dave Cawdrey
They were takin' a pic finger.gif

See my chin ?? Ruffed up from my nose "incident" sad.gif My schnoz is swollen, too.
Qarl
Nothin like contaminating the water supply!!!!
tod914
timothyleary.com
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(kellzey @ Aug 29 2003, 08:37 PM)
Nothin like contaminating the water supply!!!!

Thats where the kid plays laugh.gif

Notice the tail to the left...
redshift
ROFLMAO!

I keep looking at that pic, and thinking I know that guy... the one spitting tobacco.. OH! It's our Mayor.. yeah.

Dave, the big nose makes you look.. umm...

Distinguished.

wink.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.