Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Is this car worth saving"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Some of you may have seen the AA advertisement" Is this car worth saving" that is exactly what I thought of when I wheeled the blue car outside for a quick bath.
CCLINHELLYA
boxstr
Pic #2
HELLYA
boxstr
With longs like this, Hell Ya. The dark part is just overspray from undercoating. Towed car to German Metal Works along with a spare front fender, to be brought back like new. Very clean unmolested 74 1.8.
CCLINHELLYA
boxstr
One amazing thing that you see very little are the three screws that hold the rocker panels on along the bottom,came out with the use of a flat tip screwdriver, just the way they were put in at the factory.
HELLYA
Charles Deutsch
Save 'em all ... they're not makin' them anymore!
VegasRacer
Hey Craig,

How many teeners you got??
boxstr
Well I am down to five 914s as of right now. Looking at another one tomorrow.
CCLINMORESPACEMORECARS
GWN7
Hellya

Front dosen't look too bad from that angle. Neither does the rear 1/4. Would have to see more pics from diferent angles. Is that rust in the sail panel?
Eric Taylor
Craig - what happened to that car? It sure will be nice with that six in it.
eric
boxstr
Nope just dirt under the vinyl , I had not washed it off yet.
CCLINNORUSTHEAVEN
boxstr
Sorry Eric, The PO said that he was approaching the top of a hill and a car was in his lane, he swerved to miss and hit a guardrail and spun around and hit a post.
He had pics of the car before the accident, very nice looking so I have to save it.
CCLINSAVEA914
Eric Taylor
Yeah, I can relate smile.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Charles Deutsch @ Aug 30 2003, 12:05 AM)
Save 'em all ... they're not makin' them anymore!

agree.gif
Chris H.
Hell Yeah that one is an easy save!

I love that color. should be a real nice car when you are done Craig.

Chris H.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.