Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I am sure many of the local contingent will stagger in disbelief but I am back working on my car again. Pulled the interior all out and I am installing the inner long stiffening kit today and some of tomorrow. Once that is done, I will be installing the roller rear trailing arm kit, I may even get it all done by tomorrow night, maybe. I am pretty sure I will be working at the port Saturday night or Sunday but I am dedicated to getting it back on the road very soon. I have not had much free time lately so I decided to make the time and get it done.

Go ahead, bash away guys, you can say anything you want until the day it goes flying by you on the road. happy11.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 20 2006, 10:51 PM)

Go ahead, bash away guys, you can say anything you want until the day it goes flying by you on the road.  :evilgrin:

I wanna be first, I wanna be first

Go ahead, bash away guys, you can say anything you want until the day it goesparts go flying by you on the road. happy11.gif

You can always count on me Scott! smile.gif
TonyAKAVW
Thats a good one Scott, but April 1st is still a long time from now. biggrin.gif

Congrats on getting back into things! My Subaru conversion has slowed lately, so I guess this restores some balance to the universe.

Keep us updates with pictures,etc.

-Tony
MattR
I didnt know you stopped unsure.gif
lagunero
Flying down the road? So that's why you wanted the trailer!
skline
QUOTE (lagunero @ Jan 20 2006, 10:13 PM)
Flying down the road? So that's why you wanted the trailer!

I needed the trailer for Kargeek tomorrow. Dave is moving his cars from his old storage to the new storage. Joe Buckle is about ready to trailer his cars down to Mexico and mine may be going there too very soon.

Slits, you still got it. I knew you would not let me down on this one. I am still waiting for Aaron to throw his 2cents in.
Trekkor
Great news! Show us some pictures.

KT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 20 2006, 11:18 PM)

I am still waiting for Aaron to throw his 2cents in.

congrats scott...

probably beat me to having a driving car dry.gif
skline
I could drive it now but there are so many little things that need to be done. I figured I would just get it going again and do all the little things to make it right. The inner long kit was really needed as the torque really twists the car and it cracks the fiberglass on the fenders. Hopefully this will help. Here is the kit almost ready to be welded in.

skline
Another one
skline
On another note, anyone want to buy this car??
JB 914
The truth is i told Scott he can't ride on my boat until the Shalom is done! poke.gif
skline
QUOTE (PKRMONY @ Jan 20 2006, 10:50 PM)
The truth is i told Scott he can't ride on my boat until the Shalom is done! poke.gif

Too late Joey, I have already been for a ride in your boat. I even have pictures to prove it. biggrin.gif
MattR
Joe, you were so close... you coulda pushed scott off the back of the boat...
skline
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 20 2006, 11:08 PM)

I will remember that Matt when we all get together and go out. Be careful where you stand on the deck Cabinboy. happy11.gif
JB 914
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 21 2006, 12:08 AM)

You can't see it, but, the harbor patrol was right next to us. otherwise, he was gonna get his ass hooked onto a big Penn real and attached to the outrigger
Howard
Welcome back, Scott. Finish that thing so we can go cruizin. That's what it's all about.
bondo
Shouldn't you fix the alternator first? lol2.gif

Glad to see you back! biggrin.gif
Brando
Yaaaaaaay smilie_pokal.gif

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 21 2006, 12:08 AM)

lmfao.....

TINCAN914
There you are.....
Was hoping you didn't pack up and move away to escape the abuse.. Glad to see you back ... smilie_pokal.gif
Allan
Good news Scott.

April road trip maybe?
skline
Depends on the weather, the car has no heat and I get cold really easy. I am out in the garage now with the heater going to warm it up in here. It was only 47 when I came out this morning. That is a bit cold for me to work on anything.
Allan
I seem to remember a start up bbq at your place in April and it was like 80 degrees. blink.gif
KaptKaos
Congrats Scott!!

Damn, I guess that means I need to finish that lid now. unsure.gif
skline
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Jan 21 2006, 09:44 AM)
Congrats Scott!!

Damn, I guess that means I need to finish that lid now. unsure.gif

That would be nice. The one on there is all tweaked and doesnt sit right.
Howard
Scott, drove by the Institute this morning. Everyone says 'Hi' and wishes your car a speedy recovery.

markb
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 21 2006, 12:41 PM)
Scott, drove by the Institute this morning. Everyone says 'Hi' and wishes your car a speedy recovery.

w00t2.gif
Toast
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 20 2006, 11:20 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 20 2006, 11:18 PM)

I am still waiting for Aaron to throw his 2cents in.

congrats scott...

probably beat me to having a driving car dry.gif

av-943.gif

wavey.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 21 2006, 09:28 AM)
It was only 47 when I came out this morning. That is a bit cold for me to work on anything.

Excuse #1 on the list of "Why I didn't drive my 914 to the WCC". cool.gif
Gint
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 21 2006, 09:28 AM)
Depends on the weather, the car has no heat and I get cold really easy. I am out in the garage now with the heater going to warm it up in here. It was only 47 when I came out this morning. That is a bit cold for me to work on anything.

What a wuss!

I was out swapping dizzys today. 39 and sunny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.