Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have a spare $550K ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
Circle Track Porsche

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-PORSCH...sspagenameZWDVW
lagunero
If Seinfeld didn't want it, I don't either laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (lagunero @ Jan 20 2006, 11:45 PM)
If Seinfeld didn't want it, I don't either laugh.gif

av-943.gif
Hammy
what am I missing.... how can a 2.65 liter six produce more than 800 horsepower blink.gif I know i'm missing something
grantsfo
QUOTE (Hammy @ Jan 20 2006, 11:00 PM)
what am I missing.... how can a 2.65 liter six produce more than 800 horsepower  :blink: I know i'm missing something

Boost boost baby ... however I think they are overstating hp. Specs I have read say 650 hp
jimtab
I'd get it but the cockpit looks small....oh, and it wouldn't be "cool" to show up at a PCA event with a "circle track car"......right? happy11.gif
VegasRacer
They have had that car on the sales floor for almost a year now.
I guess they want to move it. Make 'em a low-ball offer. They might take it.
TINCAN914
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 21 2006, 04:37 AM)

Look at that beautiful "53" ? next to it.. Wouldn't mind having that... smilie_pokal.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 21 2006, 04:37 AM)

I've got 20 bucks....

And 54 lbs of boost did produce some really amazing horsepower. Porsche claimed 650, but that was viewed as an outright lie. The Porsche bible mentioned this. And Porsche's formula cars.
davesprinkle
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Jan 21 2006, 02:42 PM)
And 54 lbs of boost did produce some really amazing horsepower. Porsche claimed 650, but that was viewed as an outright lie. The Porsche bible mentioned this. And Porsche's formula cars.

Careful with your units, there. Not trying to pick nits, but the Indycars have historically been limited to inches of mercury, not psi. 54"Hg is a lot of boost, nonetheless, approximately 1.8 atmospheres. Using that constant to "derate" the 850hp gives us 472hp under naturally-aspirated conditions, or 178 hp/liter. Bottom line -- 850 may have been possible, depending on engine speed, but probably about at the limit of the technology then.
alpha434
right. I forgot. You're pretty sharp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.