Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy is Famous
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
In the new Victory Lane mag Andy has a picture credit (page 25) in the story on the vintage races at Laguna last October. It was a great time and we were well treated. We had a paddock near turn 4 and they provided a great dinner Saturday nite....they are trying to promote a 914 run group for their races. Maybe Andy can be pursuaded to post the original pic???? Good job Andy. smilie_pokal.gif
grasshopper
wow! so he can take a good pic!... you learn something new every day wink.gif Just kidding
dinomium
Is the picture burry?
laugh.gif
SirAndy
yeah, anyone that was there that has some talent in writing ???

they asked me to submit a writeup, about 1000 words, which they will then print in one of the upcoming magazines. with lots more pictures.

but i SUCK at writing ...

anyone? idea.gif

here's the pic they printed:
r_towle
Write it up, I will edit it for you and get it back to you...

Actually, I will get the wife, and editor, to do it...

It amazing how she can make anything sound really pro level.

Rich
SirAndy
QUOTE (r_towle @ Jan 21 2006, 11:38 AM)

did i mention that i suck at writing ??? sad.gif
drew365
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2006, 05:25 PM)

Pretend you're a real journalist, make stuff up so it sounds interesting.
Like how half the guys in the 914Club hold F1 super licenses! biggrin.gif
r_towle
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 1 2006, 07:25 PM)

write up your thoughts..we will make it sound great...

We just need the raw material, dont worry about grammar....

Let the story flow, we will fix the details.

Rich
Carlitos Way
You can always write about how petty the issues are at 914club and how they usually blow out of proportion.

Another paragraph to include the (in)appropriateness (not a real word) of Z's avatars... and how more inappropriate some people's reactions are.

OK. So I'm exaggerating. This is not about us, this is about you. But we've all seen you write... sometimes out of desperation, and you were pretty good at conveying your point.

Keep in mind. We don't expect perfection. We own 914's... and most of them are NOT garage queens!!!

Congratulations ol' chap!!!
r_towle
It was a perfect fall day in CA at Laguna. The annual vintage races had a wide variety of classic racing iron ready to test course, car, and driver.

The large turnout of one of porsches best balanced production cars, the 914, shows the increase in popularity of this entry level collectable car.

The 914world.com group even had its own support trailer, food and beverages, and a strong pit team to keep all the cars in top shape for the event.

The 74 degree day started out a bit cloudy, but the sun came out and the track was in perfect condition.

Andy Schmidt went for an off road excursion on turn 3 but no real damage to car or driver occured. Aside from small transmission problems with Aarons car, and some wheel rubbing, the group overall dominated the field holding top ten positions all weekend.

The organization and the comraderee, only evident within the 914 group, was offered up to all cars and drivers.

When you see a group so passionate about the car, the fun, the people, and the event, you have to wonder why the 914 has gotten such a poor review in the past.

This group of fine drivers, some bordering on professional can consistantly make drivers of cars worth 10 times as much look like they are on bicycles.

Once again, the 914 has dominated over many other makes and models to show that a simple well designed and balance car with a VW bus motor and a good driver is capable of magnificent speed and cornering even on the most grueling tracks.

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.