Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kragen?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
I need a new distributor for my -74 1.8l

performance products have one for $450 i think... but then kragen has one for $70.. what would you have done with limited budget.. all i want is a running car headbang.gif ahhaahah like everyone else.

Is kragen as bad as people say?
Allan
My son bought me a starter from them and I didn't have any problems.

Stay away from their alternators though...
cbenitah
Kragen

kdfoust
To me all those chain store FLAPS are the same. If they've got something usefull get it but don't expect miracles.

I'm running a lifetime guarantee PEP boys starter. It's on it's third lifetime. If they keep replacing them free I'll keep putting them on. It's almost a regular maintainance item now... biggrin.gif
TravisNeff
Pay for the core charge, it is like $1. Be prepared it will not be the exact model you are looking for. I got one for a 73 2.0 and it was for a type 3. I needed the vac can, stole the bushings and it had new trigger points (not the bosch OE).
anthony
Likewise, I wanted a distributor for a '74 2.0L and they gave me a 1.7L distributor. The gasket on the shaft was so fat that it wouldn't even fit in the engine so I returned it.

My distributor bearings were still good so what I ended up doing was taking my distributor apart cleaning/lubing the advance weights and top plates and then putting it all back together. It make a large improvement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.