Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HOLY SHIT!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
$600,000 for the 1st of the 2007 Shelby 500s! wow! krider.gif
rhodyguy
weird one. since it was for charity, do you think the buyer gets to deduct the dif between retail and what they paid? unsure.gif farrari hat was schilling? cool_shades.gif didn't they say one of the first off the line?

k
seanery
they said "First PUBLIC" sale...so, I bet Carrol, the factory, museuem, etc...get one first.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 21 2006, 05:11 PM)
they said "First PUBLIC" sale...so, I bet Carrol, the factory, museuem, etc...get one first.

Million plus for a Chevelle drag car, people just have to much money.....
TimT
I dont get it.. I must be missing something...

I just dont get the hoopla that surrounds Barret-Jackson at all!!

I dont understand why it gets time on TV (they pay Im sure)

Fools and their money etc..

Then again I dont understand much..

messix
rich stupid people. paying stupid prices. five years from now they'lle be sitting there looking at there over priced muscle car that they can't get even half what they paid for it trying to come up with the cash to pay for the laser tattoo removal of that trendy tattoo they got when tattoo's were cool.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (TimT @ Jan 21 2006, 08:18 PM)

To me it is a big car show, I get to see cars that have some historical significance and see what some person with more money than sence will pay for it.
Gint
QUOTE (TimT @ Jan 21 2006, 06:18 PM)

It's a rolling car show, the best of the best. Some truly high quality stuff. I'm a car guy. I'm not stuck on only 914s. I can't help it, I love it and I'm glad they're getting the air time. I can't afford those insane prices, but I enjoy the show. Next year might very well be the year I attend.

user posted image
wertygrog
only tv ive watched in months......

lots of the same tho.

brent
boxstr
Barrett-Jackson is not just the auction. It is venders setup sellin gthere wares. And lots of really kewl looking cars, and a lot of people watching.
Also BJ is not the only auction in town, just the biggest.
One thing about tonight is that alot of the big hitters from last year were not there this year. Ferrari hat was there but also a few new guys with lots of money to pay really big prices.
The best value of the night, the 1967 black GT 40 for $350,000.
CCLINBJMYWAY
Porcharu
What kills me is seeing some stupid Chevelle go for more than a Vette or a Mustang - it's just a family sedan, makes me sick seeing an automatic turd go for 100K it's just wrong. Of course if I had a 4000lb. automatic turd I wanted to sell at 100X value...
rhodyguy
for those old enough to remember...during the gas crisis of 73' all those guzzlers were'nt worth squat. those toyotas and datsuns were the hot ticket and hondas were just a blip on the horizon. sorry, backarudas (another senior thing. remember the stan freeberg commercials?) and others of the era had the worst build quality and really didn't handle worth a shit. i flipped back to speed just in time to see the futureliner go. that was the best of the whole coverage. did the concept car with the plastic domes hit the block last night? if so, what did go for? wish i could get some bias ply wiiiide oval Tiger Paws for my 914 biggrin.gif .

k
seanery
Kevin, it went for 2.8 and didn't generate near the excitement the Futureliner did. I love that thing! w00t1.gif Jumpy.gif
rhodyguy
i would've rather had the bat mobile. biggrin.gif who got it? the sceemer in the red hat?

k
jasons
QUOTE (srbliss @ Jan 21 2006, 10:14 PM)
What kills me is seeing some stupid Chevelle go for more than a Vette or a Mustang - it's just a family sedan, makes me sick seeing an automatic turd go for 100K it's just wrong. Of course if I had a 4000lb. automatic turd I wanted to sell at 100X value...

The quality of the crack you smoke is proportional to the amount of $ in your pocket.

That Pontiac Banshee only went for $200k and dumbasses are paying $500k for 428CJ mustangs?
confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.