Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle LE at my place
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
Arrived today. Hasn't been driven in many years. Not much rust other than battery tray and maybe a little hell hole. It's mainly here for suspension. brakes & steering overhaul. New owner lives in Vermont. It is getting a RAT 2270 and Tangerine Evo Exhaust. smile.gif
ChrisFoley
I'm interested in knowing where it fits in the LE production #'s.
ChrisFoley
I was told it was one of the first but the vin seems too high to me.
JeffBowlsby
Yep...thats the earliest known VIN Creamsicle. I looked at the car here on the west coast before it went back to Vermont. It was reportedly in someones collection in Nevada for many years before the current owner bought it.
davep
We need lots more data on that one. Chassis #, engine #, tranny # DOT date code.
JeffBowlsby
Thanks for noting that Dave. I only had a few minutes with the car and was not able to get the numbers Dave listed.

Chris, can you post them here so we can put them on the 914 LE Registry?

Gracias Senor.... cool.gif
ChrisFoley
Can do. I'm not familiar with the DOT date code though & I didn't know the trannies were serialized.
It will be here for a while so I can get any details.
The rear targa trim is blacked out but the windshield trim is bright. Is this standard?
JeffBowlsby
You probably know this already Dave, but I recently found this decoder for the 1974 and later transaxles. So the trannies of the later cars indicate a date as well as the chassis number:
Gustl
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Jan 22 2006, 02:33 AM)
... but I recently found this decoder for the 1974 and later transaxles.  

I always thought this decoding fits to all years idea.gif

additional info:
H ... manual shifter
A ... 5 speed

wavey.gif Gustl
JeffBowlsby
Here is the decoder for the 1973 ad earlier trans, note the 9 place number, vs only 7 places for the 74 and later trans:

JeffBowlsby
This tells all:

Gustl
wow, cool info

thanks a lot, Jeff pray.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
JeffBowlsby
Bump city...

Any info Chris?
Jake Raby
The owner of that car is on RAT #3 for that car!!! I built one for his Ghia (2270) just finishing one for his 912E (Super 2 Liter W/ EFI) and then this one for the creamsicle (2270 W/EFI) and he is on the wait list for a 4th one for his other 912e (sub 2700cc Super Hero)

he is a very good customer that ONLY does things right! You can bet that car will get the attention it deserves!
type47
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jan 23 2006, 02:02 PM)
You can bet that car will get the attention it deserves!

smilie_pokal.gif
davep
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Jan 21 2006, 05:04 PM)
I'm not familiar with the DOT date code

The rear targa trim is blacked out but the windshield trim is bright. Is this standard?

DOT date code is on the decal on the drivers door lock post. That is what I can it anyway.

Yes, that is the correct trim.

The tranny number is on the bottom rib where it can get ground off if you go off-roading.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Jan 23 2006, 03:09 PM)
Any info Chris?

Probably nothing until this weekend when I put it up on jackstands.
DOT date code is on the decal on the drivers door lock post
Oh, ok. I know what that is. huh.gif
ChrisFoley
I got some more info on the car.
DOT date code: 02/74
Chassis #: 0759649 The stamping was applied a little off target so I'm only 98% certain of it.
Paint code: L 80E (afaict)
Trans # HA 08014
The engine # will have to wait until I remove the engine as I don't have access without some disassembly.
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Chris, I will update the registry. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.