Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
I'm working on getting an AX competition set up for the 914 group
at the Historics. This is by no means a done deal as I have yet to contact the organizers or the SCCA rally folks (who do the work).

A bit of background. The AX has been set up in the infield Pro Pits. The Corrals are set up on the grass around the asphalt.
They are hand timed by the SCCA rally folks and I assume that will be the case again. The organizers charge 5 bucks a run...both days, all day....*for Charity.*. This will apply to all entries. We will need 4-8 volunteers to collect times. Pre-registration will be required before Sunday. There will be a seperate thread for registration.

The initial plan is to have the competition on Sunday between 10 AM & 3 PM. Each entry will have 3 timed runs. You can have as many practice runs as your wallet allows, but when you start timed runs (it's your decision as to when), the next 2 only count. Run times will probably be around 30 sec. or less.

Classes:
I wanna keep it simple.
1.7 to 1950ccs
2.0L to 2341ccs
2.5L & up.
All else is free.
If there is interest, a pure stock class can be added.
Rotarys will be per FIA rules for displacement.
This is all open to comment......as a matter of fact, this whole works is.
biggrin.gif

I need to know the number of folks within a few weeks.
The more money we can put into the charity's pocket, the better chance this has of getting airborne.
anthony
2.0L to 2341ccs

Huge difference between a stock 2L and a 170hp 2316cc 4 cylinder engine. I say, throw everybody into fun class and forget classes.
J P Stein
QUOTE (anthony @ Jan 21 2006, 06:29 PM)
2.0L to 2341ccs

Huge difference between a stock 2L and a 170hp 2316cc 4 cylinder engine. I say, throw everybody into fun class and forget classes.

Ayup and a 190 hp 2341 cc 6 er too.
There are ( hopefully) trophys up for grabs in each class.
But your idea has merit....it is simple
biggrin.gif
lagunero
QUOTE (anthony @ Jan 21 2006, 06:29 PM)
I say, throw everybody into fun class and forget classes.

Sounds like a great idea. Be nice to see what a good driver with less power can do to the bigger boys. Fun class trophies can be given for slowest, fastest, dumbass move of the day, totally clueless, etc.
dinomium
I am SO GONNA KILL SOME KONEZ if My ugmo's sad tired lil 2 liter is up against Daves Hunt's Rabyed partz monster!
ohmy.gif
But just so you know, I WILL BRING IT! biggrin.gif it might be a maroon F150 but it will be broughten!
Show of hands? who thinks we should get Jamie Priestly to be miss 914 corral 2006?
grantsfo
Yeah I agree just make it one big run group for fun. We can compete in over regulated and classed AX events the rest of the year. The more runs the better!
dinomium
Oh ok, I will just hide Shane (red 914) in Dave's trunk! that will be fair!
Funnizes is great by me, but we still should have some brag swag for the top finisher... I will chrome paint 3 heater elbows for trophies if need be!
Rough_Rider
Sign me up for volunteer duty.

What about offering some cars up for hire to carless drivers. Count me in for that too.
Rand
Kool. Me and Nugent say... "It's a free for all!"
drunk.gif
I wanna ride with JP!
boxstr
Was that careless drivers or carless drivers biggrin.gif
CCLINYARIGHT
drgchapman
I say leave it a free for all. No classes, makes for better bench racing afterwards. beer3.gif driving.gif
Brando
Vote for classless as well. I'll save the stringent over-pointing classifications for zone 8 and SCCA kthx.
VegasRacer
If we run as one big open group, two of the awards could be for most improved and most consistent times.
J P Stein
If we make it all one big clusterfuck (kinda like this "club" biggrin.gif)
that requires no work on my part......and I have no problem with that yellowsleep[1].gif

As for carless folks, Trevors plan is a good one. I've been trying to figure out a way to offer guys/gals drives in my car rather than just rideswhich are first come, first served. I'll prolly do 10 runs both days....I don't mind the company..as long as you don't puke. barf.gif

I'm open to ideas on the driving bit.
Jeroen
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 22 2006, 10:15 AM)
If we run as one big open group, two of the awards could be for most improved and most consistent times.

excellent idea!
DNHunt
I don't know if this is possible but, could we combine AX time with mileage on the drive to Hood for an index of performance. The large engine advantage at AX is offset by the mileage benefit of the smaller engines. Maybe have awards in 3 classes, AX only (for guys who want AX and not do the drive, strictly TTOD stuff) Performance (mileage and AX) and Efficiency (mileage only). All just run what you brung, 1 class in each division for bragging rights.

Dave
Part Pricer

I say to make it simple and even things out, everyone drives JP's car at the autocross. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Jan 22 2006, 05:18 AM)
I say to make it simple and even things out, everyone drives JP's car at the autocross. biggrin.gif

Now there's a plan.
We could have a "What breaks first lotto".

Tires go flat
Trans scatters
Engine scatters
Pick sumthin' else

Humm......I'm agin it. sad.gif
Howard
Porsche's only? Some folks had some fun at WCC05 with the 'Hertz' class racers biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 22 2006, 05:48 AM)
I don't mind the company..as long as you don't puke. barf.gif

Hmmmmmmm. ...
Wellll, the first & last time I rode I almost did but the camera under da foot took mah mind offen'eet! confused24.gif

Hey! count me in for HELP'N out. I'm workin on gettin a teener but still not sure.

......b
rick 918-S
Great interest! smilie_pokal.gif This is exciting! burnout.gif I'm a really rookie. I'm up for what ever you can make happen. My only suggestion is to keep it fun.
boxstr
They have a club award for the most attendees or racers?? Anyone should be able to run, Hertz or Enterprise, or Stein Rent a Wreck laugh.gif
CCLINWCCIN2006
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.