Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kenny's 914th Post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Katmanken
OK boys….. time for my 914th post…..

In the spirit of the 914 Club, I have decided to make it a special post of my ass ho…… er……..I mean my hell hole. smilie_pokal.gif

Remember, real 914 men are not afraid to bare their holes in public……

So here it tis…… Kenny bares his hole for all to see….

In this picture, the major work has been done…. Engine out, battery tray removed and patch on side wall behind the battery tray. The bulkhead is cut out to fix water damage in that area. The area above the long was rusty so I cut a window to look in. Looked good, sprayed the crap out of it in there with that grey zinc primer paint, and then topped it off with about 6 coats of cavity wax and welded that sucker closed….

Never can wax yer cavity too much….

Only reason yer seein my hole is I can't find the whole car shots.... laugh.gif

Ken
736conver
Thats a dirty hole

biggrin.gif
Katmanken
Here is a view towards the front of the car looking down at the long and bulkhead. I am very anal and removed anything rusty in the bulkhead. Notice the sound deadening is gone. That area in the hell hole was the only rust on the bulkhead in the engine compartment….

Notice the gaping hole in the area where the hell hole drain was supposed to be…. Later, I cut all of that that sucker out and made my own panel. Why you say? Cuz nobody made patch parts for sale in those days… Did buy a C shaped engine seal holder part tho..... Looked like it was made from a white curtain rod part with the paint blasted off and an "S" bend .....(HINT HINT for DIY guys or CSOB's)

Ken
Katmanken
Here is a view of the passenger area looking in at the hell hole. Notice the seam on the bulkhead a coupla inches above the floor. Rear window was rattling around loose when I bought it and that area was a little rusty from water pooling in the floor.

Ken
grasshopper
hhmmm... you really stuffed that hole
Katmanken
And lastly... My engine in the "before" condition. Looks a whole lot mo better now

MMmmmmmmm…… L-jet. Notice my anal tags on all da hoses. Made drawings of the locations and attachments and diameters for each hose. Sure made it easy to hook them back up years later…. That big fat one coming from the oil fill should have no vacuum leakys… or you will have idling problems with the L-jet. Think about it, L-jet depends on air rushing into the engine to position an air flap. The angular position of the air flap tells the brain box how much air is coming into the engine and fuel is squirted accordingly. Lean fuel conditions can result with an air leak between the air flap and the engine. Sound familiar sir post-a lot?

Dirt is good old North Carolina red clay..... real bitch to get off.....

Triva Question.... Anybody know why the engine tin has the 604 numbers...?

I sure as hell don't.... happy11.gif

Ken
Katmanken
Now I feel really embarressed.....

I wasted special post # 917 by forgetting the pic...

Here it is ...

Posty post....

Ken
grasshopper
QUOTE (kwales @ Jan 21 2006, 07:42 PM)
Now I feel really embarressed.....

I wasted special post # 917 by forgetting the pic...

Here it is ...

Posty post....

Ken

ha! you wasted your 718th post too!!
Katmanken
All right now...

Need more beer.....

One more time...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.