Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HA! Vapor Lock and other dangerous animals!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
so, after fixing my FI harness and cleaning up the engine and contacts and relays and checking the FI brain and coil and points and all that gud stuff,
the car ran MUCH better ...

no more missing and bucking. all good i thought. but one of the problems, since it came back from the shop that put in my temporary 1.7L was that every time i'd get the car hot (think freeway) it would start bucking like it was starving of fuel.
i suspected the fuel pump, which had been sitting in my parts stash for a year or so (with fuel inside and closed off).
indeed, the pump makes some strange noises that make me think it's not going to last much longer.

BUT, after a day of unrelated work at McMarks shop today i got under the car to check on the pump.
wires and plug - check
return line - check
fuel filter - check
feed line - check, but wait a minute! that hose is a bit too long, where does it go? hmmm, big loop, no kinks, good, good, good, OH SHIT! ohmy.gif

the fuel hose loop was lying on top of the Heat Exchanger near the heater valve! headbang.gif
i guess that explains a lot ... WTF.gif

it's all good now, i'm going to buy a fire extinguisher first thing on monday!
slap.gif Andy
dinomium
you are living on the edge dangermonkeywithgreentounge!
Howard
Never did get that brain to work, didya? poke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 21 2006, 09:03 PM)
Never did get that brain to work, didya? poke.gif

haha, brain works! drunk.gif
Rand
That's what you git fer tryin' to cross mutate multiple 4-brainzzzz into 6-cccccylz...
laugh.gif
Hahaa. bzzzzt. drunk.gif
Howard
HA! yourself! I was talking about the brain under the previously purple hair rolleyes.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 21 2006, 09:19 PM)
HA! yourself! I was talking about the brain under the previously purple hair rolleyes.gif

me too! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.