Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bremerton today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
first ax today. forecast, 80, sun, low humidity, and as few cones as possible. nice setting. you have the olympic mountains on nearly three sides.it's been nearly 6 weeks since the last one. with the weather i'm guessing a big turn out. i'm pretty jazzed.

kevin
seanery
Kevin,

Are you sure it's today? wink.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah, its today and I am not going!
Hope you add the extra 1/2 qt of oil! Watch those oil temps on a hot day too.

Geoff
boxstr
Kevin It's to bad you weren't at home today, there was a special delivery of a 914CLUB t shirt. Only thing you had to be there to sign for it or it went to the next person on the list.
CCLINAHANESMOOD
seanery
Maybe his luck will improve. wink.gif
J P Stein
We'll need a report and pics.....moderate bragging is allowed. If bragging is not in order, PM me for a list of excuses....I have a few that I haven't used yet. rolleyes.gif
reverie
Wow, nice t-shirt!! Brings to mind the old ZZ Topp song "Sharp Dressed Man".. no beard, though.
Bleyseng
My bet is Roadyguy got a huge sunburn plus sore smile muscles!

Geoff
boxstr
Sunburn on top of his head. Thank you Reverie I resemble that remark.
CCLINLANACAINELAND
ChrisReale
Nah, he put sunscreen on his bald spot! had a good time today. Kevin had fun as well. Course was fast. The 200# rear springs I added helped so much it is ridiculous. It was hot! Working cones was hard because yoiu could not escape the f'in sun
rhodyguy
oh boy! 1st, too busy to even look at the time board, 3 gates. the magic # seemed to be 6 for a instructor ride along. 2, 74 something 1 gate. 3, 74 something 0 gates/cones with a BIG spin (but i didn't kill the motor). 4, 66 and change, clean run. a positve day overall. a very long course with a few high speed sections. the sun was brutal. my wife got the spin nicely but the dialup is a no go for posting the video. the announcer saying "oh no" on the audio is funny.

kevin
rhodyguy
well this must be the back of craig's t shirt.

kevin
Bleyseng
Sounds like ya done good, Kevin. Yes, the sun can be brutal when it hits 85 degrees at Bremerton as there no shade anywhere except inside of the cars!

Geoff
rhodyguy
here's a funny footnote. granted, yesterday was warm. drove up with the top off wearing sweats and the heat ON. TODAY, HEAT STILL ON! i can't believe it. no wonder it was so damn warm.

kevin
"got heat? by the car full"
Bleyseng
Is the grin off your face yet? or is it still stuck on like the heater?

Geoff
rhodyguy
i'm hooked. the adrenalin was all jacked up, hands a little shaky. jeanne thought something was wrong. next month i'll do the drivers skill day. for $40 those guys drove ALL day. included lunch. we didn't even run gtu until 2:30 or 3. long f-in day for less than 300 seconds.

kevin
"yeah, but it's a fun 5 minutes"
Bleyseng
Yeah, it looks soooo easy but once you press down on the gas petal its " Where in the world am I supposed to go in all these effin cones!!" lol
Glad you spun too, great fun to do that at 50 mph!

Geoff
DNHunt
Kevin

Sounds like you had a great time. Way to go. Looks like you are a fast learner, the way the times dropped.

Dave
rhodyguy
dave, mark the ds day on your calander. did you take the silver car to whistler and van. island (how did i know that?) and meet the family there? was it posted here that dave holed a drive at Fircrest GC? for you golfers, it is one fine, fine, course.

kevin
boxstr
Not another ace for Dave??
CCLINGOLFENVY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.