Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Combo Oil Temp & Press Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I want to replace my dash gas gauge/e-brake light gauge with an oil pressure/temp combo gauge. Can I hook this up without any major issues? I have a '73 with the standard Type-IV engine.

Thanks
Bleyseng
You need the correct senders and need to hook up the oil pressure one on a rubber brakeline to extend out. The senders are 911 ones that need to be the correct ones for the year on the combo gauge.

popcorn[1].gif
vesnyder
I appreciate the need for a correct temp sender, but can you provide some detail on
 to hook up the oil pressure one on a rubber brakeline to extend out
?

Anybody have a "tech article" discussing? Thanks
Bleyseng
Its just a short rubber VW brake line that you screw into the oil pressure senders location. I use a dab of sealant on the threads so it won't leak. The dual can sender screws onto the end of the brake line and you attach it with a clamp onto the tin or fan housing.

The oil temp sender screws into the same spot as the stock one (taco plate)
Bleyseng
pic
anthony
QUOTE (vesnyder @ Jan 22 2006, 08:53 AM)
I want to replace my dash gas gauge/e-brake light gauge with an oil pressure/temp combo gauge. Can I hook this up without any major issues? I have a '73 with the standard Type-IV engine.

Thanks

Are you adding another fuel gauge to the car?
vesnyder
anthony - My intent is to move a gas gauge to the center console - is that possible/recommended? Anybody have a good source for a stand alone gas gauge that is the same size as the console gauges?
Bleyseng
I made mine outta parts from the gas gauge and the oil temp gauge. I posted how I did two years ago.
J P Stein
QUOTE (vesnyder @ Jan 22 2006, 01:36 PM)
anthony - My intent is to move a gas gauge to the center console - is that possible/recommended? Anybody have a good source for a stand alone gas gauge that is the same size as the console gauges?

I have a gas gauge that is now excess to my needs. It is made to work with the stock gas tank sender and is "supposed" to be the right size for the console (tho I never had it mounted there).....but the best news is that it's cheep. biggrin.gif
johnmhudson111
I used the 150psi dual sender (from Pelican parts) and I was able to screw it into the stock location. It reguired that I cut some of engine tin due to the larger diameter but, it is another option to a remote mounting.

Also, I bought the regular oil temp sender for a 914 and it works in the 911 gauge, my car was not orginally equipted with a oil temp sender. I don't know if there is any difference between the 911 and 914 senders.
Bleyseng
here is the chart
vesnyder
Bleyseng - Thanks for the info. Do you have a post to how you did it?

JP - Interested in the gas gauge. Left you a PM.
anthony
If you have a console then why not just put an oil pressure gauge there and then keep the stock fuel gauge?
vesnyder
I want the critical engine info (oil temp and pressure) up where I can see it, and I will put the "nice to have" info such as voltmeter and fuel level down where I occasionally glance. Just something different as well - more like the 911. I'm a 911 guy at heart!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.