Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did anyone buy the black 914 off eBay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael J
There was a black '72 or '73 with a 4cyl and fender flares on eBay last week. The pictures made it look nice but if I remember there was some rust problems. Did a club member buy this car? If so is it as nice as it looked ? I had an itchy bid finger for a brief moment.
boxstr
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/914-1973-1-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Looked like a really nice car.
CCL
smooth_eddy
Kind of funny....the guy owned the car for 19 years and was not able to spell Porsche correctly in his ad confused24.gif
nomore9one4
We almost bid last minute,but did not want to chance the rust issue.I tried to find out more,but no one knows! unsure.gif
nomore9one4
icon_bump.gif very interested to know! Anyone?? popcorn[1].gif
shadygrady
I was given a second chance at $3500, but didn't get answers back from the seller to a couple of my questions. So I guess it is still for sale. I liked the steel flares, but was afraid of some of the rust issues that I wanted pictures of.

Grady
seanery
This feedback is interesting to me:

Item was not as described. Uneducated seller about his own item. Car was rusty.  Buyer - porscheman1969 ( 4 )    Aug-12-05 15:06  4563538566
SirAndy
what i don't get ...

you fork out the money to put steel flares on your car and then you run rims with virtually no offset and no spacers either.

am i the only one who thinks that looks extremely stupid?
cool_shades.gif Andy
kconway
I too got a second chance offer today, emailed the seller and have not heard back yet either...I got beat by 50 bucks on that car but was having second thoughts since the cost to ship it out here would prolly have been bad.
boxstr
You can get open transport to the west coast for $900.
CCLINACMESHIPPING
nomore9one4
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 24 2006, 07:34 PM)
This feedback is interesting to me:

Item was not as described. Uneducated seller about his own item. Car was rusty.  Buyer - porscheman1969 ( 4 )    Aug-12-05 15:06  4563538566

This was the same reason we withheld our bid! they just did not want to give up any crucial details.
rjkavanagh
QUOTE (shadygrady @ Jan 24 2006, 07:29 PM)
I was given a second chance at $3500, but didn't get answers back from the seller to a couple of my questions. So I guess it is still for sale. I liked the steel flares, but was afraid of some of the rust issues that I wanted pictures of.

Grady

That's interesting, I got a second chance for $1200

Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for US $1,200.00 on Jan-04-06 18:47:50 PST is now available for purchase:

Porsche : 914 (4607355495)
Your Price: US $1,200.00
Offer end date: Jan-24-06 17:32:47 PST

VaccaRabite
Man, this picture was the winner!

user posted image

Really now, put on a friggn shirt, Mr. Hairy Pot-bellied man!

Zach
Root_Werks
$4k for a flared painted 914, sheese, that is a good deal! Wonder if a club member got it?
1bad914
There a few of us that live in MI, I'm sure one of us could have taken a look at it for someone.
kconway
This is beginning to sound like a scam...perhaps someone has siezed this guys login ID and password??? How or why would anybody send a "last chance offer" to all who bid with the same ending time at different purchase amounts?

"Marketplace Safety Tip

You can be sure a Second Chance Offer is from your seller when you see it in My Messages. "

I didn't get my notice in "My Messages", it came directly to my email address...

I sense a scam.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (kconway @ Jan 25 2006, 10:56 AM)
This is beginning to sound like a scam...perhaps someone has siezed this guys login ID and password??? How or why would anybody send a "last chance offer" to all who bid with the same ending time at different purchase amounts?

"Marketplace Safety Tip

You can be sure a Second Chance Offer is from your seller when you see it in My Messages. "

I didn't get my notice in "My Messages", it came directly to my email address...

I sense a scam.

I agree! because the guy who had high bid left Positive feedback! confused24.gif
kconway
10-4... I sent the winner a message telling him whats up and also tipped him to this site. Got no reply.

Freakin Scammers...how about making munny the legit way!
boxstr
You know it could be a female???
CCLINHAIRYBELLYWOMAN
nomore9one4
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 27 2006, 07:51 AM)
You know it could be a female???
CCLINHAIRYBELLYWOMAN

shocked[1].gif I think I see a booby! lol2.gif
boxstr
Hey , they have worse on the Springer show. laugh.gif
CCLINJERRYJERRYJERRY
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

I was interested in this 914 w/flares. I tried to get the address to inspect in St. Clair MI. I did a search with available info and came up with a name. I did a map search & tried to find the 914 this week when in the St. Clair MI area while there on business. No luck.

Give me an address with name & I will follow-up. I can't believe this 914 was in our area without anyone knowing???

Tom
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Jan 27 2006, 09:38 AM)
Hi Guys,

I was interested in this 914 w/flares. I tried to get the address to inspect in St. Clair MI. I did a search with available info and came up with a name. I did a map search & tried to find the 914 this week when in the St. Clair MI area while there on business. No luck.

Give me an address with name & I will follow-up. I can't believe this 914 was in our area without anyone knowing???

Tom

Actually I think the car is probably now with its new owner. It appears the high bidder of the car has it and has left Positive feedback for the transaction."End of story.""And thats the way it was".. "Move along,nothing to see here" "Thats amore" Good day! screwy.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 27 2006, 09:55 AM)
Hey , they have worse on the Springer show. laugh.gif
CCLINJERRYJERRYJERRY

You watch the Springer show?? laugh.gif
Elliot
Howard
He's been ON the Springer Show biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Samr car, same owner, I have a few more photos. Probably the reason the buyer bailed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.