Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now legal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well, I've been trying to get 'classic car' insurance for the last month. When you apply for this type of insurance, the companies require front, rear and both side shots of the car. When I originally summited the photos, I didn't have the front and rear valances and the side rocker panels attached. They turned me down because the car 'wasn't finished'. Anyway, I painted the pieces and attached them and resent the photos. Last Thursday we received confirmation that the car was now insured. I went to the DMV and got the new plates. The car is now legal to drive.... smilie_pokal.gif

watsonrx13
Here's the money shot....
watsonrx13
Also, I would like to personally thank Joe Ricard for all of his help, rebuilding the engine and personally coming down from Mississippi to help with the carbs. Also, I'd like to thank Eric for the great break calipers. Finally, I'd like to thank my wife, Robin, for all of the support, patience and support for the last 3 years....

I still have to finish the interior and repaint the car, but I CAN DRIVE IT NOW.....

-- Rob
JoeSharp
Glad you didn't tell them about the bumpertops. Now go hook up with Bob.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
watsonrx13
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Jan 22 2006, 06:56 PM)
Glad you didn't tell them about the bumpertops. Now go hook up with Bob.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

Yea, I was hoping they didn't notice them. I bought the fiberglass replacements, but I'm not going to install them until I repaint the bumpers....

-- Rob
Jeroen
wayt to go!!!
driving.gif
grasshopper
have fun! thumb3d.gif
stock93
Way to go Rob! Its always great to hear another teener is back on the road.

John
URY914
So drive that bad boy over here and lets go for a spin!!! wink.gif

I'll grab my Mr. Microphone and will go cruise for chicks....

P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.