Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA-GGR Points System needs some tweeks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
PCA's Golden Gate Region has gone to the points system this year. I personally don't have anything against the system as it had been several years since the car classification system has been reviewed and it was probably time to update everything anyway.

One thing I don't like about the new system is that it doesn't promote good natured rivalry between a series of cars (i.e. 914 2.0, 911 SC's, etc). Just add up some points on your cars and dependng upon mods a 914 2.0 on carbs that is heavily modified can run in the same class with some much newer technology (993's, Boxster's, etc).

I classified Fritz (my track 1980 911SC tub with a 1995 3.6 ) with GGR and once you point out into GT you get lumped all together based on displacement only. With my 3.6 being stock, I'll be giving up 100+HP to some of the cars in our class.

I was told that I can put together a proposal to be considered for next year. How are other regions handling the HP/WT issue? I'd like to hear ideas of how you could adminster to GT class power to weight ratios. In my mind, that's what it comes down to.

In the end, it's all good since I'll be dialing in the car anyway. But if you think it through, it's odd that you can have a car like ours that puts us in a class against 25 hour motors.

Thanks,

Bill P.
DanT
Come on Bill! Just build that granade motor wink.gif

There are many such inconsistencies in the new rules. Basically since no one on the adhoc comm. had such a car they did not know how to approach it.
I feel there will be a Sheeet load of rules change proposals at the end of the first season.
Once folks actually start using the system they will see the need to modify.
As you say the days of competition amongst car types is over.
In any particular class you can have cars on street tires, Rs or slicks depending on the cars base points.
Like a stock 993 on streets running against a slightly modified SC on Rs or a more heavily modified 914-4 on slicks.
Kind of makes it tough to talk to your direct competitors about set ups, tire temps, pressures etc.
I could be totally wrong about this stuff, but I don't think I am. unsure.gif

POC uses a system where cars are grouped together by HP/WT to start with and then use modification points to move up classes. At least during your first couple of up grades in class, you stay with the same cars you begin with.
They also have a bone stock class, which we don't have anymore. You can have a totally stock car running against modified cars depending on starting points.

sad.gif dead horse.gif

We got what we got for the next season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.