Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 VS 2.0 Muffler bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
OK, I should know this but I don't or maybe I forgot. slap.gif What is different between a 1.7 / 1.8 muffler bracket and 2.0L one?
Aaron Cox
1.7/.8's dont hang as low due to the HE's kicking upward.....
GaroldShaffer
Ok, I guess my question should have been how do you tell if a bracket is for a 1.7 or 2.0 when its not on a car?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jan 23 2006, 12:43 PM)
Ok, I guess my question should have been how do you tell if a bracket is for a 1.7 or 2.0 when its not on a car?

trained eye.... ?

and then there re the 75/76 style... which are different themselves....
jimkelly
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=4&t=12704

2.0 looks like this.

Jim
GaroldShaffer
So to tell the difference look where the bracket mates up with the muffler flange. If the end is open then 2.0 but if not then 1.7 /1.8 yes?
Aaron Cox
the 75 style are wider and are short like a 1.7 style....

a 1.7 is short
a 2.0 is tall.....

hard to show differences without pics...
rhodyguy
i'll call and put a request for the camera to come home tonight. i have a 1.7/1.8, a 2.0 and the 75/76' style. i'll put them all in one shot if no one beats me to it.

k
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 23 2006, 01:14 PM)
i'll call and put a request for the camera to come home tonight. i have a 1.7/1.8, a 2.0 and the 75/76' style. i'll put them all in one shot if no one beats me to it.

k

very cool kev.... smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
sun is shinning like crazy. i think i'll go for a drive a fetch it. wink.gif not to be confused with fulch it. ohmy.gif see ya.

k
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 23 2006, 12:20 PM)
sun is shinning like crazy. i think i'll go for a drive a fetch it. wink.gif not to be confused with fulch it. ohmy.gif see ya.

k

pray.gif beer.gif
bd1308
AHh...

cause I sold a "2.0" bracket cause it didnt fit on my car, but it didnt look like a 2.0 bracket, guess it was a 75 bracket or somethun.

b
dinomium
I have a later 2 liter style that I didnt know was later until I tried to install the muffler I just bought!
Anybody want to buy a brand new late style hanger? Never used, slight hammer marks from frustration!
wink.gif
Engman
Back when I designed my replacement 73-74 2.0 bracket, I looked at doing a 1.7 - it is really different than the 2.0 - it has a form back on each side that is then formed parallel to the base at the ends. Each end sits at a different height and length from the base. Made this a tough part to form due to the geometry. I would have had to make a holding die set to do it right. The arms out on the 1.7 are also thinner than the 2.0. The 73-74 2.0 lies flat, the 1.7 does not.

M
rhodyguy
well, i'm sitting in a room with a bunch of 3rd graders. waiting to figure out how to post a picture in the sandbox that i've always been timed out on. have to convert it from a word doc to jpg i think.

k
Aaron Cox
a digital camera turned it into a .doc?

huh.gif

rhodyguy
see new thread. it might be handy to have in some place where it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. i saved the picture (in the sandbox) as it came to me. doc form. total size was something like 9.5 megs. and i was trying to post it with dial-up headbang.gif chairfall.gif .

k
bd1308
probably TIFF format.

why did it have a .DOC extension?

wierd.

b
dinomium
Yeah, Britt, Kevin is WEIRD! HA!
Sometimes it is just that easy!
rhodyguy
why?...ok. it was posted at the yahoo group for the marysville high school class of 71', by a classmate of mine that works for the USGS. he posted it. it also had some text. my wife saved it on her computer. she uses it in her class when they are studying dissasters. the titanic is a portion of that thematic study section. she wrote her masters on the use of thematic study as an educational tool. that picture was taken by the driver that was rigging the berg so it could be towed off course as it was headed for a offshore drilling rig.

k
bd1308
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 23 2006, 05:40 PM)
Yeah, Britt, Kevin is WEIRD!

agree.gif

wink.gif
rhodyguy
when the going gets weird, the weird get stranger. i miss you hunter s.

k
bd1308
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 23 2006, 07:11 PM)

k

is your computer still okay?

:hijack:
rhodyguy
superriffic!!

k
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 23 2006, 03:07 PM)
see new thread. it might be handy to have in some place where it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

k

Where??? confused24.gif

EDIT: Thanks Kevin, it helps if I look at the thread titles before I post slap.gif
sixnotfour
clean one Britt
rusty 1.7
i think
30.00 both shipped, help Britt
bd1308
i still feel bad about that. sorry.

sad.gif

b
dinomium
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 23 2006, 06:11 PM)

k

I think I rode with Dr Gonzo Saturday!
blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.