Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS Testing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Ok, here is pic of a simple vacuum pump testing a MPS for vacuum. This one wouldn't hold a vacuum at all!!
Pump it up to 15hg on the gauge and leave it for 5 minutes to see how it holds. (Make sure the hose connections are nice and snug)

If it holds a vacuum the diaphram is good! If not, well its going bad or toast.

Geoff
Porsche Rescue
Geoff, where can I buy a pump and about how many $$? I asked at one local FLAPS and they didn't know what I was asking for.
Bleyseng
I picked this one up at a Shucks Auto Supply for $50
Dave_Darling
Ask for a "mity-vac". They'll probably know it as a way to bleed brakes. Works OK for that--better for flushing the system IMHO--and includes a nice hand vacuum pump.

--DD
Porsche Rescue
Geoff, I need therapy! I have tried everything and still can't get the car to run like I think it should. About the only thing I haven't changed is the MPS. I would appreciate an opportunity to talk with you by phone if you have time. Please send your number ,and best time to call, to jimchambers41@hotmail.com.
Thanks.
RustyWa
$60 bucks at the local tool supply store. This one is very nice. They screwed me on some other tool prices...so I guess it all works out.
MarkV
You bought the fancy one. My Mighty-Vac has a plastic body & didn't come w/ a case. I think it may have been $35 at the FLAPS.
TheCabinetmaker
Just bought the plastic one at Auto Zone for $28.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.