Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is that really a early 2.0 muffler hanger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
here you go. the definitive test if you're told "i'm pretty sure..."

the top one is for 75' & 76' oem style heat exchangers. 26 3/8" to the inside edge of the muffler bolt holes. i think the one pictured is bent, but the difference in appearance is obvious.

the middle one is the correct one for the early style 2.0 heat exchangers. 19 1/4" to the inside edge of the muffler bolt holes. this style of h.e.'s are flat where the h.e. meets the muffler.

the bottom one is for early style 1.7/1.8 heat exchangers. 21 3/16" to the inside of the muffler bolt holes. this style of h.e.'s have a kick-up at the end where the h.e. meets the muffler.

always be absolutely sure of the type of heat exchangers you have when purchasing mufflers. hope this helps.

k
Aaron Cox
quick reference drawing for the archives......

Mueller
great pictures, should be added to the "classics"....no real need for the dimensions, if you cannot tell by the picture, you got issues smile.gif

rhodyguy
that's why i gave the measurements. if a seller isn't sure, tell them to go measure. that is if they can read a tape measure. "just tell me how many little lines are after the whole number" chairfall.gif

nice work mr smarty pants computer image manipulator. jk. cool aaron smilie_pokal.gif.

feeble skills and a not very creative computer guy
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif pray.gif Thank You for the pictures.
Allan
Anybody need 1 each of item "A"?
rhodyguy
i think i have 3 dry.gif . a few more and i'll have enough for some windchimes. or the arms for a mobile.
Bleyseng
Isn't "B" also a 914/6 muffler hanger? popcorn[1].gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 23 2006, 07:28 PM)
Isn't "B" also a 914/6 muffler hanger? popcorn[1].gif

similar... but not the same....
Dave_Darling
Not the same, no, but I believe it's a drop-in replacement for it.

--DD
ClayPerrine
FWIW... for years we (Betty and I) have been calling this a boomerang.

Just because it looks like one. So if I say I hit my head on the boomerang, everyone will know what it means. laugh.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 23 2006, 03:21 PM)
great pictures, should be added to the "classics"....no real need for the dimensions, if you cannot tell by the picture, you got issues smile.gif

They all look the same to me? screwy.gif laugh.gif huh.gif
rhodyguy
some day, when i learn to add links, i'd add one to garold's thread. here's all the info with regards to bolt spacing. the early 2.0 version hanger is for the 4 cyl 2.0 triad/2.0 heat exchangers.

k
Justinp71
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 24 2006, 02:50 AM) *

--DD

Thats correct, its a drop in replacement. I just bought one (73-74 2.0) from Engman last week for my 914/6 original style headers. Mounted it last night and it fit fine. smile.gif

Root_Werks
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Aug 1 2008, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 24 2006, 02:50 AM) *

--DD

Thats correct, its a drop in replacement. I just bought one (73-74 2.0) from Engman last week for my 914/6 original style headers. Mounted it last night and it fit fine. smile.gif

I think the difference is the 914-6 has closed holes while the 914-4 has the "U" or open ended hole. I thought I had in my possesion at one time a 914-6 hanger and remember it had closed holes. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.