Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Smashed Bug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmeeder
The thread the other day with the destroyed Ferrari, reminded me of the crash of this reported on the news the day before yesterday.

"A car plunged 70 feet off Interstate 805 yesterday morning, ejecting the driver in air and crushing her passenger as it landed upside down on Plaza Boulevard."

"It looks as if the female driver was not wearing a seat belt," Officer Gregg said. "We don't believe that high speed was a factor here."

Apparently the car ran off a bridge and flipped in the air for a perfect 1 point landing on its roof. wacko.gif

TonyAKAVW
You know, that accident made my parents decide to sell theit '70 bug. It was the first car they bought and drove to Alaska in it. My dad drove it to work daily until maybe 5 years ago. I tried to convince him to keep it and restore it but after seeing this accident they decided to sell it. Although I wonder what kind of car would protect anyone in a 70 foot fall. Even if it didn't pancake, the shock alone would probably kill you.

-Tony
bondo
QUOTE (TonyAKAVW @ Jan 23 2006, 05:27 PM)
Although I wonder what kind of car would protect anyone in a 70 foot fall.

This kind:
lapuwali
I would doubt even a car with a hiqh-quality full roll cage, both people wearing 6pt harnesses and helmets, would've helped much in a crash like that. 70ft at 1G = ~50mph impact speed on the weakest part of the structure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.