Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuch's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
19144jt
Are the 2.0 Fuch replicas the same as the real ones (i.e. offset etc.)?

I assume from the recent tire threads that the 205-50-15 tires evryones says will fit that they mean on a stock fendered car with no lip rolling etc. and that the 205's fit on the 5.5" width Fuch/Fuch replica?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (19144jt @ Jan 23 2006, 04:44 PM)
Are the 2.0 Fuch replicas the same as the real ones (i.e. offset etc.)?

I assume from the recent tire threads that the 205-50-15 tires evryones says will fit that they mean on a stock fendered car with no lip rolling etc. and that the 205's fit on the 5.5" width Fuch/Fuch replica?

First off, it's "Fuchs", not "Fuch" or Fuch's". Now, onto the question: The reral ones are forged, the replicas ("fakes") are cast, co there's gonna be a difference in the actual dimensions of the wheel. Cast tend to be thicker in places that matter, like the center, and the lip. I suppose the actual tire bearing dimensions could be the same, but the offset may be different, more in the VW setup than the Porsche one. The Cap'n
Mueller
it's Fuchs for singular smile.gif

same size tire fits both real and knockoff.....cast (knockoff), forged (real)

that tire size should fit, on some cars, the fender clearance is just a tad bit different side to side, but a gentle tug on the fender with your hands should take care of it.......

what size do you have now and which rim?

seanery
I personally prefer 195/60/15s on fuchs. I've run 205/50 and 205/55 and 195/60....at the track I'll take the 205/50s on the street the 195/60s. Some cars will rub with the 205s, however.
19144jt
Mueller,

I have stock 1.8 steel wheels now with 20+ year old 165 15's showing chord. I am in the process of a restoration and I don't really care for the stock steel or Riviera (have 9 of them) too much. The Fuchs are my next choice. I want to go as wide as possible without having to alter the fenders. Sounds like maybe a safe bet is the 195 60's? Those would still be a good inch wider than the 165's if my metric convesion is correct.

Thanks, John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.