Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot my wife came home with a ms freebee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
concensus lets me know. ms gifted (no poop). is it worthwhile loading it? i'm already running office 2000 on my laptop. do i need to jump through this hoop just to visit here? are they giving them away just because they are obsolete?

k
johnmhudson111
I like it, upgraded from 2000 awhile ago BUT if you like what you have why mess with it? type.gif
Allan
From what I've seen in my office it's either you love it or think it's a waste.

I like the 2000 version but then I am a total idiot when it comes to compters...
bd1308
it has some eye candy...

but I still use Office XP, or Office 2000.

-OR- OpenOffice smile.gif

b
r_towle
really nice in a shared document environment.

think adobe when it comes to publishing a doc that cannot be changed.

think online sharing/editing documents interactively...

Integration with Ms communicator also.

really lots of toys under the hood.

Rich
markb
I like it.
rhodyguy
Office PRO 2003. maybe i'll just sell it (my wife has it in her school computer already). unopened with the security codes. the sucker is exspensive, $499 beans list. discount it and buy some engine parts. idea.gif . like i said, the 2000 is just fine and suits my needs. i don't do any file sharing (that i know of rolleyes.gif ), all those toys under the hood may just get me in more trouble smile.gif .

k
hmeeder
When I upgraded my 'puter it came pre-loaded with a sample of Office Pro-2003. They wanted a pant-load of money for the full version, but I still had my Office 2000 on a disk. Re-loaded it and did not give Bill gates any more of my money. The Office 2000 worked fine for me and I did not see any new features that made ponying up the extra scratch worth it.

Hell, I barely use the features the Office 2000 has in it. I also felt like I would have to un-learn some old stuff to use the new (happens every time I upgrade my OS and I eventually get there, but not without some extra effort.)

Keep the 2000 and sell the other for parts. Sounds like a great deal from here!
Dr. Roger
i really like that it integrates language translation, synonyms, dictionaries, and web search within Word. i need it as i tend to type "ghetto"... biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
integration (was that in mississippi in the 60's?), interactivity, shared doc files, spelling (i use a websters dictionary when i doubt), translation. say what? oh my!! remember, i'm a guy who can't find a hidden cache without someone talking me through it on the phone. there's a cam, lifters, and other assorted items in my future i think. thanks for the input guys.

k
blitZ
Outlook for 2003 has a nice junk mail filter.
rjames
I think the upgrade to Word 2003 is a must. I love how when you copy and paste into word from any other source it right away asks you if you want to keep the original source formatting or go with what you already have in your document. The way it handles multiple levels of undo are nice too.

Outlook 2003 also handles Internet Email accounts better.
Dr. Roger
oh yes, and forgot. ms outlook handles all that junk mail automatically. little gets by it.
Howard
Insert Caveman Smiley. I still use office 97. Never have figured that out completely. I miss DOS wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.