Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'll be in Ohio from 9/14 through 9/20
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
on Saturday or just getting together earlier in the week let me know.
Mary and I will have a bit of free time during our stay. Sunday we will arrive at the track in the morning for registration and Tech, and to set up our paddock space.
My schedule has me on track Monday at 8:15am for 20 minutes, then once each on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday for 20 minutes (or less). We have Friday off - there are 8 races we could watch. On Saturday my race is the last one of the day, around 5pm. We're not planning to hang around for Sunday's races.
I guess there are parties each night, put on by various organizations, but I'm open to alternate entertainment as well. beerchug.gif
If you are planning to be at the track anyway stop by and say hi.
Katmanken
Which track is this?

Tell me it's not Kill-Kare in Xenia and you aren't doing "Figure Eight School Bus Racing"!!!! Followed by the ever popular "School Bus Demolition Derby"

Oh, nevermind, that was last night.... laugh.gif

Unless it was postponed for rain.....

If you go to Xenia, tow a trailer. See if you can catch a tornado

Ken in Cinci
kafermeister
Well, you *could* come to the VW/Porsche Family Reunion on 9/21. If you wanted to see some Porsches and VWs that is.

On Tuesday, we will likely have the monthly VW club meeting at Metalkraft Coachworks at 7:30pm.

On Saturday, there will be a 'pre-show' party at Metalkraft Coachworks. Of course, it kicks off at 5:00p. Gates open on Sunday at 9:30am for spectators. If you will be in town wtih your P-car, you can get in at 8:00am by putting it in the show for display.

The club website with show info is here.
Pictures of previous shows are here.

I can get directions for you if they are not clear on the website.

Rick Harris
'76 2.0
'69 Beetle
...and others
Rusty
What track? I might be in the area. I'd like to do a Mapquest search and see if I can add it to my route.

-Rusty smoke.gif
kafermeister
...I think it's at Mid-Ohio. Not exactly anywhere near Cincy as I previously thought.

SCCA Runoffs

Rick
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(kwales @ Aug 30 2003, 06:16 PM)
Which track is this?

Yes, Mid Ohio. Nearest big town is Mansfield. We're staying in a motel in Ashland and will be leaving for home early Sunday morning the day after my race. We have a 12+ hour drive I believe.
ChrisFoley
There will be a one hour program of my race on Speed Channel on Dec. 7th at Noon (est). It will air again on Christmas Day when Speed will have 24 hours of Runoffs coverage. I'll repost this when the day approaches.
Brad Roberts
I HIGHLY suggest everyone that can attend ... well... ATTEND this event. It is a blast. A 1000 or so of SCCA's best drivers/cars. You have to win several times in your class/in your region to even qualify for this race. So.. to even get invited to the event is a big deal. Some of my best memories of racing where in GT3 where we ran a 2.0 914... then GT2 in a 914.. then EP.. then FP.

B
URY914
Brad,
I posted the shot before and here it is again for you veiwing pleasure.

Road Atanta Runoffs 1986 or '87. It is a great shot if I say so myself.
Aaron Cox
brad driving?? driving.gif
Brad Roberts
Not when I was 16/17. I have never driven at the Runoffs. Always a crew guy.. and probably will be until we settle somewhere and buy a house. That is Rich Bontempi of HPH. Last time I checked.. he had 70+ SCCA National wins... but the Runoffs title has eluded him all these years (he was wrecked out both times he went to the Atlanta Runoffs)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.