Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which car looks better?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Deutsch
The new, mid-engined Toyota MR2 or the Porsche 914?

IPB Image
IPB Image
djm914-6
The MR Spyder doesn't look goot at all. I've only seen a few, but I just don't like the looks
Mueller
To me the MR2 looks like a scaled down Boxster that has been beaten with a 2x4 to flatten down some of the curves of the Boxster.

I'm sure the new MR2's are fun to drive, I wouldn't kick one out of my driveway if given one smile.gif
jwade
It is fun to drive but the 914 funner! laugh.gif

john
Charles Deutsch
I was surprised to read that the MR2 is wider and has a wider track than the 914. They also weigh almost the same.
Pam
I saw one in person a couple of weeks ago. Dealer was closed, but I walked around it.

Looked like a neat little car for 25k. Time will tell with durability, etc.

-Rusty smoke.gif
J P Stein
A 914 funner to drive?....ah, OK.
The mr2 spyder is a killer AX car.....stock classes.
If my gen II mr2 is any example, they will be as reliable as a brick. I just flipped over 110K miles....with the original turbo still pulling 12 psi.

Ugly litttle fucker, tho......humm, I've seen that term somewhere before.
Drums66
I think Mueller..........about Pegged it! I thought about the Boxster as soon as I saw it! chatsmiley.gif
Dave_Darling
Heh... I can't hardly count the number of times I've seen a Mister Spyder in my rear-view and though, "Hey, 'nother Boxster! ... I didn't think they were that ugly, though. Oh, right--it's an MR-2."

I'm told that they're great little autoXers. What I've heard is, "The only thing they need at all is a limited-slip diff." Hmm, I wonder if that's an option?

The automatic-clutch manual transmission sounds nifty. It doesn't get good reviews, though, because it always takes about a half-second to shift, whether or not you're in a hurry...

--DD
meursault
Geez, you really think you're going to get unbiased opinions here?

To join this club, you'd have to be pretty fanatical about our often-slighted 914s. It would take a lot to get anyone to turn around and say, "Know what, I never really liked those odd little cars anyway..."

I'm starting to think I'm the one who comes off as the asshole in this group.
Steve
Have you ever checked out the trunk room in an MR2?
There isn't any.

Steve
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(meursault @ Aug 30 2003, 07:04 PM)
Geez, you really think you're going to get unbiased opinions here?

To join this club, you'd have to be pretty fanatical about our often-slighted 914s. It would take a lot to get anyone to turn around and say, "Know what, I never really liked those odd little cars anyway..."

I'm starting to think I'm the one who comes off as the asshole in this group.

Unbiased was stated "tongue-in-cheek". I should have inserted a smilie.
Brad Roberts
I knew what you meant Charles...LOL

I dont like them "much".. but I do like them when they RICE them out with trick road racing body work/wide flares/wheels/tires. I think two of them are running in Speed Touring car challenge.

B
meursault
Sometimes it's hard to see sarcasm in text. Sorry, my bad.
aufaber
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 30 2003, 07:55 PM)
I knew what you meant Charles...LOL

I dont like them "much".. but I do like them when they RICE them out with trick road racing body work/wide flares/wheels/tires. I think two of them are running in Speed Touring car challenge.

B

IPB Image

Won it's class in Japan last year.

-Aaron G>

IPB Image
Jeroen
I like the styling of the previous MR2 better (the "poormans Ferrari")
That one looks more like a car instead of a toy...
Never driven either, so I can't really comment on it though

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.