Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: summer KY thing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
okay, well last year was something new for me. Im sorry we didnt go for any twisty-turvy runs or anything, my car was coughing and sputtering and what-have-you.

I have another issue now: rust repair. I was throwing the idea of a tech session or something....

Just a thought. I know rust-repair is something that most people dont like doing at all (and something I feel bad asking for help with) but after this major hurdle, I'm done and I will have a DD 914....

lemme knwo what you think.

b
bd1308
plus we'll have food just like last time....

and an actual cruise, I know a police officer that might be able to help us calibrate our speedometers too smile.gif

b
dwillouby
Britt
Yes whatever you put together I am interested
David
grasshopper
if i can get my car running i might be in the area dry.gif
Dr Evil
Depending on a few things, like when, I may be in biggrin.gif
bd1308
last year it was in May...but I'm pretty flexible.

I was thinking about a multi-day thing too, if that sits well with people....

*shrugs* i'm just throwing things out there for the people.

smile.gif I'd like to meet more of you all.....

b
GaroldShaffer
depending on the date we would make to KY
bd1308
well what dates sound good for you all?

b
grasshopper
how is early june?? not that i have much say... im nowhere near... just a thought.. wink.gif
Eric_Shea
who's in?

How many can ya fit? ohmy.gif
seanery
Hey man, pick a date and start planning. We can set you up a forum and find some volunteers to help.
skline
A KY party? I am sure Matt and Aaron would love to join in on that one. av-943.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 24 2006, 08:32 PM)
A KY party? I am sure Matt and Aaron would love to join in on that one. av-943.gif

someone call DR. insecurity laugh.gif av-943.gif
MattR
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 24 2006, 07:32 PM)

sign me up
skline
Amazing how fast those responses came from both of you guys. Did I hit a sensitive spot Aaron? At least Matt went along with it and played it up. Was that Doctor for your Aaron?
Aaron Cox
laugh.gif
just poking fun. taking a study break. then a cuervo break smile.gif

matt knows i dont use KY...
bd1308
I use BOSCH distributor grease.....

let's see....it has to be after derby time...

it was may 22nd (?) last year, so lets make it just around the same time frame, so lets say may 20th-21st?

that covers both saturday and sunday, for those folks who are unable to make one or the other...There are a couple of hotels right off the expressway and near the park which we met at last year. The caveat this year is that I assumably will have a meet or something at my house (maybe) [like 5 minutes from the Park] for the techsession(?)

maybe DDD could whip up another tech quiz....?

b
Bertus
Hey Britt,
I am in! Dad would probably in as well. What did you guys do last year? There are worse places to drive than around the horse farms of central KY, lots of curvy roads! Just let me know the details when they develop.

Bert
MattR
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 24 2006, 07:41 PM)
matt knows i dont use KY...

And I know a certain turkey's bunghole thats living proof
bd1308
We had a get-together at E.P Tom Sawyer Park...

it was good, there was lots of food smile.gif

I'll keep you all updated via this thread or another thread when I get more details....

b
robby750
Hey Britt, I would like to help out with this. Mid to late May would be good. If it's allright, lets meet in Lexington. I have access to the Kentucky Horse Park for a gathering point, picnic, car show, etc. I know a bunch of good roads in the area and there are plenty of nearby hotels. Let me know. Robby.
bd1308
okay..sounds good to me. I believe we discussed this last year.

smile.gif

b
robby750
Let's say May Sat. 13 and Sun. 14. I'll mark it on my 914club calender. Everybody check you schedules. Beautiful place and easy to find. Sign up here so we can judge the interest and make plans.
robby750
check the park out here:My Webpage
Bartlett 914
My schedule is always in flux. If there is any chance I will make it.

Mark
black73
driving.gif Put me down as a definite....maybe.( I hate commitment)
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I'll try try to make it. You might check with Mid America, so as noty to conflict with Tweeks Funfest. It,s in the first part of June,usually. Dave slap.gif

I just checked the Air Cooled Funfest is June 3&4th .
Btw I think thats the first time( i have seen them refer to it as the Air Cooled Funfest. HUMMMMMMM Dave
grasshopper
damn... the 13 and 14 sad.gif i liked the 20 and the 21 better...... no way i'll be able to make it now... i get out of school the 15th.... sad.gif have fun guys sad2.gif
Bertus
Mark me as a definite (barring something weird), Robby/Britt if I can be of help let me know. Now I have a goal to push for to finish my rust extermination chores!

Bert
Cano
I'm in. smile.gif
seanery
Do you guys wanna call this the Bluegrass Classic or something? I'll set you up a space in the planner's forum once you give me a name. bye1.gif
robby750
Catch name. Sounds good.
bd1308
could some people in the area help me with my rust-o-ration then after this?

probably will be close to this timeframe.

grasshopper, if you are able to make it on the 19th-20th or close to that, come on down and we'll hang out.

b
bd1308
I like that name as well.

b
Bertus
So is this dead in the water? huh.gif
bd1308
nope, not at all....

i'll keep it updated when we figure things out.

we're all working out details.

b
Bertus
Cool, if I can help let me know. btw Halls on the River would be a cool place to eat plus it is a great drive!

Bert
cdmcse
QUOTE (Bertus @ Jan 30 2006, 10:22 PM)
Cool, if I can help let me know. btw Halls on the River would be a cool place to eat plus it is a great drive!

Bert

I'll be there too, sounds like fun, lemme know how I can help. A drive would be cool. I'm not sure about Halls though. We ate there about 2 weeks ago and the employees all looked liked illegal immigrants or carnies. My wife got food poisioning so bad we had to go to the ER.
icon8.gif

Maybe it is just off season.
Bertus
It has been a couple years since I have been there, food poisoning not good! icon8.gif
mudfoot76
icon_bump.gif

I'm not sure about either of the proposed weekends yet, but I'll surely try to be there this year! driving.gif
bd1308
biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I will be off of school for the summer so I "should" be able to make it. Can someone give me a zip so I can see how feasable it will be (how friggen far)?
flatout
Yea, that sounds like fun. biggrin.gif. Just let me know when and were.
bd1308
i'm in 40241..and Lex is about an hour(?) from me....

My family is from the NJ area, and I love a drink called Boost. If you see any (in PA) and are able to come to KY for the get-together, i'll repay you..but not like aaron repays people.

b
Engman
Depending upon work / dates I should be able to make it.

Keep me informed - Put me down for a door prize donation.

M
Bertus
Dr. Evil a Lexington Zip is 40503. I don't know how close Harrisburg PA is to you but we drive through on our way to NY about twice a year, with 2 kids and having to stop frequently it takes about 8 hous. I'd say without kids you might be able to get it down to 7 maybe.

Bert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.