Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me your labels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JeffBowlsby
Please help me complete my webpage of 914 Plates, Labels and Markings, I need any help you can give. I am missing a few and some of my photos are of poor quality. Send me a photo of a better example and any new labels I do not have and I will be sure to give you credit.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/PLM.htm

For instance, do you have a better image of the HO recall campaign battery cover label?

TIA laugh.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif

JeffBowlsby
Or how about a 1975 and 1976 (2 different labels) engine bay label?

Thanks already to Craig Laughlin, Tom Trudell Steve Gaglione and others listed for their help already. smilie_pokal.gif

This is the one I have for 1976 2.0l models:
vertigo
Automobile Atlanta 770 427 2844 (www.autoatlanta.com) has engine and vin stickers in thier catalog. pg133 Maybe call and they can send page or pics.
bd1308
i have a the engine info sticker for a 2.0 D-jet 74 914....

do you need that one?

b
JeffBowlsby
Someone has sent me a very nice battery cover label. smilie_pokal.gif

I have all the AA items, they were helpful, but their images are way too small and in some cases are not accurate (they use teh same label for differnet years for instance).

Brtitt, thansk, but I already have a perfect 74 2.0L engine bay label, see the webpage in the first link, it has all the ones I have currently, including the placeholders for the missing ones.

bondo
Where is A8A located? I have a 70 and a 71 I could check.
JeffBowlsby
Thansk Royce, A8A should be on the expansion chamber like the othery years I would guess. Here is a photo. Could you check your 70-71 cars for the paint dots on the left side engine bay regarding items D3, D4, D5? Post a photo if you see the paint dots.

bondo
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Jan 25 2006, 02:19 PM)
Thansk Royce, A8A should be on the expansion chamber like the othery years I would guess. Here is a photo. Could you check your 70-71 cars for the paint dots on the left side engine bay regarding items D3, D4, D5? Post a photo if you see the paint dots.

Cool, I'll check em!
type47fan
Here's a picture of the engine bay label from my '76 (VIN: 4762903947, chassis number: 502-9039). It had been distorted by the heat in the compartment so I put it under a sheet of glass and shot at an angle to avoid the backflash. That's why it looks out of square.

The other shots are of a "circle K" stamp on the left and right trailing arms of the '76.

Hope this helps the collection. . . .

Thanks,
type47fan
. . .trailing arm, left. . . .
type47fan
. . .trailing arm, right. . . .
bondo
Ok, here's what I've got...

Paint dot? (on circular area)

bondo
Also on 1970

Paint dot? (on firewall)
bondo

No sticker on the expansion tank, but the underside of the engine lid had this:

bondo
On the 71 the engine compartment has been repainted, so no dots or stickers there. The expansion tank had this sticker though:

bondo
And here's a pic of a funky rubber thing that you may know the purpose of that's on the engine lid of the 71. I can't figure out what it could be for and I've never seen one before.

bondo
These pics were all taken at night with a flash, if you need better ones just let me know and I'll redo in the daytime. The sticker on the 70 is dirty, but also pretty far gone. I may be able to clean it up, but it may just erase itself in the process.
SGB
Bondo- I don't have one, but was told the engine lid thing is to prevent it from impacting the trunk lid if both were open,
boxstr
Engine bay fan.
CCLINFANTASTIC
JeffBowlsby
Wayne - Thanks for the 76 engine bay sticker - looks like it is from a California car with that catalytic converter.

Royce - Thanks for those early tire pressure stickers and the paint dots. Those paint dots would only appear on a few early cars that had the recall work done.

On the painted marks on the trailing arms and fan housing, I struggled with whether or not to include them. They are simply part numbers as far as I can tell and were not really like an attached sticker the factory may have installed. I will see about the trailing arm marks to see if there were different ones for different years.

Thanks for the help, keep them coming if you have any additional labels and I will include them on the webpage.
SirAndy
QUOTE (SGB @ Jan 25 2006, 09:16 PM)
Bondo- I don't have one, but was told the engine lid thing is to prevent it from impacting the trunk lid if both were open,

nope, it let's you open the engine lid without having to use both arms, one to pull the lever and one to prevent the lid from hitting the top of the targa bar.

that rubber thing makes the lid pop up just about 1" or so, and you can then safely open it completely by hand ...

cool.gif Andy
SirAndy
oh, and jeff, any idea what that red label is for ???

idea.gif Andy

user posted image
Rider914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 26 2006, 06:15 PM)
oh, and jeff, any idea what that red label is for ???

idea.gif  Andy

user posted image

Looks like it says
"Tires front 26 rear 31"
Lou W
Underside of my 1974 2.0's dashboard, I'm glad I saw this thread before I send this out to be powdercoated. smile.gif
bondo
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 26 2006, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (SGB @ Jan 25 2006, 09:16 PM)

nope, it let's you open the engine lid without having to use both arms, one to pull the lever and one to prevent the lid from hitting the top of the targa bar.

that rubber thing makes the lid pop up just about 1" or so, and you can then safely open it completely by hand ...

cool.gif Andy

I don't see how this thing can do either of these functions mentioned.. maybe there's something missing?

SirAndy
QUOTE (bondo @ Jan 26 2006, 09:02 PM)
I don't see how this thing can do either of these functions mentioned.. maybe there's something missing?

uh, oh, two? i need to lay off the booze ...

i only see one function in my post. the rubber lip rubs against the trunk lid and prevents the engine lid from popping all the way open. acts like a stop. the engine lid only opens about 1" or so, enough so you can pick it up by hand and open it all the way.

not everybody is agile enough to put their right hand on the engine lid and pull the lever with their left hand, thus preventing the lid (without the rubber stop) from hitting the chrome trim ...

that's what i always do, but i don't have the rubber stop no more and i'm still young and flexible ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
TJB/914
Hey Bowlsby,

Here's one on my back window. I got it from Porsche. I think it was issued for 1974's only. Was it on the LE's???

Tom
BTW
I just got my new Nikon D-50 camera & this was an opportunity to use it.
bondo
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 26 2006, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (bondo @ Jan 26 2006, 09:02 PM)

uh, oh, two? i need to lay off the booze ...

i only see one function in my post. the rubber lip rubs against the trunk lid and prevents the engine lid from popping all the way open. acts like a stop. the engine lid only opens about 1" or so, enough so you can pick it up by hand and open it all the way.

not everybody is agile enough to put their right hand on the engine lid and pull the lever with their left hand, thus preventing the lid (without the rubber stop) from hitting the chrome trim ...

that's what i always do, but i don't have the rubber stop no more and i'm still young and flexible ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

By either function I meant the one you mentioned and the one SGB mentioned. The trunk lid pops all the way open when I pull the handle, and the lids don't come close enough when both are open for the rubber thingie to be helpful.

One thing it sometimes does is catch on the trunk lid when I'm closing the engine lid. That's not a good thing though. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (bondo @ Jan 27 2006, 10:13 AM)
The trunk lid pops all the way open when I pull the handle

maybe it needs some adjustment ...

wink.gif Andy

bondo
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 27 2006, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (bondo @ Jan 27 2006, 10:13 AM)
The trunk lid pops all the way open when I pull the handle

maybe it needs some adjustment ...

wink.gif Andy

I'll look into it. smile.gif
sixnotfour
76 paint code left door pillar
JeffBowlsby
Great labels Batman!

Andy - Never saw that red label before. Its on a 70-4 cylinder car. Do you know anything more about it?

Tom - Very cool 25 year anniversary sticker. Never have seen another one like it. The LEs didnt have it as far as I know. Maybe the dealers mounted them on some cars?

Lou - That handwritten number looks like the chassis number. Does it match your chassis number on the driver door jamb plate?

Jeff H. - Very nice. This is the second 76 car I have seen with that label. Looks like it may be a 76-only item and there should be a different one for each color.

Keep 'em coming...! Thank You all who have posted new labels. I will update the webpage with the new labels I have received so far. biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
How to order 15x7 Fuchs in 1972
JeffBowlsby
My Plate, Label and Markings webpage on the 914 collectibles website (see link in my signature) is updated with about 2 dozen new photos of labels members have sent me, as well as several decoders for the VIN, engine codes, transaxle codes and chassis number codes...

Send me more photos of your labels or post them here if you have them!

Thanks everyone for your contributions... biggrin.gif
Lou W
Jeff,
Yes the numbers under my dash match the chassis numbers.

I don't know if you need this or not, but here is a sticker I found inside the factory fog light housing.
michaelmoo
What is the size of the yellow battery cover label?
Tobra
I think that red label is one of those Daimo label maker things that a PO stuck on there. I will have to get the digital camera out, I would be surprised if all that stuff has survived though.
JeffBowlsby
I have intentionally kept my PLM webpage focused only on the USA 914/4 production cars, because thats my main interest. The other 914s either have their own focused pages or deserve them. I really hope someone will make a comprehensive website about the 914/6 and prototypes, as Glenn Stazak and Armando have done with the 914/GT cars. But I have a habit of right clicking on any cool 914 info and stashing photos and info for the other cars, and when its appropriate I may include them too.
SirAndy
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Feb 8 2006, 08:45 AM)
But I have a habit of right clicking on any cool 914 info and stashing photos and info for the other cars, and when its appropriate I may include them too.

post removed ...

you don't happen to have a bigger version of the attached picture, do you?
cool_shades.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
Email sent Andy. biggrin.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 8 2006, 06:15 PM)
you don't happen to have a bigger version of the attached picture, do you?

I own the original postcard, so I could scan it to every size you like

wavey.gif Gustl
JeffBowlsby
Oh you wanted this photo...this is the best I have, I am sure Wolfgang can do better... wink.gif
mikerose
From my first 1976
mikerose
more
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gustl @ Feb 8 2006, 12:42 PM)
I own the original postcard, so I could scan it to every size you like

how about BIG? biggrin.gif

dunno 300 dpi and double the original size would be nice ...
pray.gif Andy
Gustl
the wohole postcard at 300 dpi is more that 800k - but I assume that the cut out car would be enaugh idea.gif

otherwise I'll have to mail it directly

SirAndy
QUOTE (Gustl @ Feb 8 2006, 09:39 PM)
otherwise I'll have to mail it directly

email sent ... smilie_pokal.gif
davep
Some decals I have
davep
also these
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Dave, those look great! Do you have any information on what year cars the black/red 'octan' are from? How about the two 1.7/1.8 valve adjust labels...did they go on different years/types? I will include these on the webpage and note your contribution.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.