Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Distributer inards do I buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rambo
I'm still waiting for my 914 manual to get here and until it does...since I don't know what I am doing...maybe even after I get the manual..I won't know what I am doing.

I got this '72/914/4/2 brl carb Trike that needs a new cap and points and condenser and rotor..I guess wires and plugs also. I got the Bosch Blue coil in the mail......

about the other stuff...is there anything special I should buy,.....name.....brand..type?
Cap'n Krusty
Coils rarely fail, and condensers NEVER fail, at least not in the normal lifetime of these cars. Your picture didn't come through, so send the distributor number, the one stamped in the body. Points are apt to be 01 011, but the cap and rotor can vary. AVOID any brand other than BOSCH. The Cap'n
Rambo
what time period is "Normal Life"..this engine is 34 yrs old

the # inside the dizzy is...........

MADE IN

USA
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Rambo @ Jan 25 2006, 08:55 PM)
what time period is "Normal Life"..this engine is 34 yrs old

the # inside the dizzy is...........

MADE IN

USA

The numbers on the OUTSIDE. If there aren't any, then there's the liklihood that this is an aftermarket unit, and I won't be able to help you. Others here can, I'm sure. The Cap'n
Rambo
numbers on the outside of the CAP are

BIGKAT_83
Rambo PM me your address and I'll send you a manual.

You will get it the next day.

Bob

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Rambo @ Jan 25 2006, 09:57 PM)
numbers on the outside of the CAP are

READ THIS! As I said in my first reply to your request: THE NUMBERS STAMPED ON THE SIDE OF THE DISTRIBUTOR BODY. Sorry, but if you don't read the replies and supply the necessary information, how are we supposed to answer your questions? A manual, BTW, isn't going to help you with part numbers, 'cause they aren't in there. And some folks wonder what makes me Krusty! The Cap'n
Rambo
A manual ain't gonna help with much at all, after viewing the disk that James Adams sent me...it looks like everything in the whole engine compartment is aftermarket, ceptin the engine...but i will look at the body of the dizzy tomorrow with a mirror, after I fire a few hundred rounds thru my M-14....
Rambo
I got my 914 Manual from Ebay today, easy instructions and good pics...I am sure my buddy will be able to understand it..he da one wit da tools....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.