Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FG bumper prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matt914MI
Hey guys,
I'm looking to replace my chrome bumpers and worn-out rubber tops with fiberglass bumpers. This site seems to have the best prices I can find:
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/PORSCHE914.html
Are the FG GT bumpers all I would need? Are these good prices? Thanks in advance.

-Matt
SirAndy
Matt, you might wanna shrink down your avatar pic a bit.
600k !!! you're killing all those modem users here ... laugh.gif

save it as a jpg and shrink it in size, like 150 pixel width
is more than enough.

later,
Andy
SirAndy
now back to 914 content.
that catalog is actually from A.I.R., someone just scanned in
their print-catalog. you should buy directly from them.
they're in the LA area. great stuff, great prices ...

20% dealer discount on top of that!!!
just call and have them send a catalog.

http://www.americaninternationalracing.com/

later,
Andy
Matt914MI
Damn old fashion dial-up....
I'll make the image smaller in a few hours when I get home from work.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Matt914MI @ Feb 13 2003, 05:33 PM)
Damn old fashion dial-up....
I'll make the image smaller in a few hours when I get home from work.

It might also be quicker to upload your avatar to this BBS's server (so the whole page can come down the same pipe).

There is also an outfit called "Rennspeed" in SoCal that builds (supposedly) good quality glass at very good prices. I have heard mixed reviews of AIR stuff, especially their c/f.

I used GT Racing bumpers on my car. The quality is good, the prices so-so but probably competitive with the other guys. The front bumper is nicer than the rear (better mold and built-in brackets).
Jeroen
I ordered a set of f/g fenders from Rennspeed

They were the only ones I found so far that:
1) had what I was looking for (a set of complete fenders with gt-flares)
2) would make an effort to send the parts across the pond
3) would do so without bankrupting me (they quoted $195 for shipping while others were all in the $700 region - yep, that's for shipping $675 worth of parts!)

Paul (from Rennspeed) was good to deal with by e-mail and responded fast and prompt (and you all know that isn't what you get from every place that happens to have a website)

Since I haven't gotten the parts yet, I can't say anything about the quality, but I'll let yall know once they arrive...

here's the link: www.rennspd.com

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Chris,

Which valence did you get from GT?

Jeroen,

Please do update us on the parts. I've seen their page before but had never heard anyone speak of them.
If I do the GT look I want to do full FG fenders & quarters, do I'm very interested in your info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.