Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
Thanks for coming.

It looks as though Britt & Robby are ready to get started. There are folks who will be willing to help you out. Don't hesitate to ask some for help. I am more than happy to help with Graphics, shirts, etc...

-sean
bd1308
Thanks Sean!

Robby, let me know when you are in.

b
robby750
I am in, no thanks to Sean who gave me the wrong password! biggrin.gif Finally guessed it!
seanery
oops...I mean I was just keeping you on your toes blink.gif Sorry about that guys.
Doug Leggins
Hi Guys.

That was an easy password guess laugh.gif

If work gets more under control I will make it. And, if I get my car debugged by the event date, I'll drive down.

See Ya
bd1308
debugged--that thing looked showroom new!

back on topic, robby is there anything special I need to do conerning the horsepark? We also need some kind of logo or something.

b
robby750
Doug, I sent you a PM concerning the push-on seals for the access plate under the steering rack. Mine are shot and I'm sure you found something to replace yours. Question is, what and where? Thanks and I hope you can make it down here.

Britt, I can take care of everything here at the Horse Park. If you could make up some kind of schedule of events for both days. You know, stuff like time to meet, where, car show time, eating time. I think a driving tour of about 2 hours or so would be fun maybe for Sunday. I can get phone numbers for some nearby Hotels. I don't expect this to have the kind of participation as some of the other events and don't have time or expertise to line up sponsers and prizes. Maybe you can? I really hope to pull in some people from nearby states that have'nt been to a meet before because of the distance. We should be able to attract people from Tn. W.VA, Ga. OH. IN. NC. Hell I have driven my car to all those states! A logo would be cool. We need to get this thing on the board as soon as possible so people will have time to make their plans to attend.

Ask if you have any questions, Robby.
bd1308
sounds great here...

i'll ask some people if we can get some T-shirts going.

b
seanery
I'm working with Garold's cousin's nephew on the redo of the club shirts, so far no complaints, but we haven't actually printed anything yet. He's fairly close (Indiana) and his prices are the best of the smaller shops. If all turns out well maybe we can funnel the bgc shirts through him.

Gimme a couple days and I can help with a logo. Just point me in a direction.
robby750
uh, South??
bd1308
QUOTE (robby750 @ Jan 27 2006, 04:31 PM)
uh, South??

laugh.gif

Robby, what do you think about a tech session or something?

I wonder if we can get DD to get us another quiz going, i *KNOW* I could do better than a 12.

b
robby750
I'm sure Dave would make you up a quiz. I really sucked at the only one I took.
bd1308
cool.

what else do we need to do? Awards....? Food? Fees to cover expendatures?

b
robby750
I leave that up to you. I can barely handle my own finances. I think any fees should be modest though. I was thinking that a drive through the countryside to a restaurant would be a great idea. That way we could avoid the expense and hassle of feeding people at he park.
bd1308
QUOTE (robby750 @ Feb 1 2006, 06:45 PM)
I leave that up to you. I can barely handle my own finances. I think any fees should be modest though. I was thinking that a drive through the countryside to a restaurant would be a great idea. That way we could avoid the expense and hassle of feeding people at he park.

laugh.gif

for the FFC, we just all ordered seperately...maybe we could do the same in this case? I figure there will be some overhead for things like shirts and such, but the door prizes are of course donated, and if the park fees are covered (are they?) then there shouldn't be much in the order of fees....

we shoudl all pitch in (from the fees) to have a drawing for a RABY /4.... drooley.gif

b
robby750
Yeah, everyone can pay for their own meal that way instead of having a cookout. I might spring for a big bucket of genuine KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN to snack on though. There will be no fee from the Horse Park other than 3 bucks to park (and maybe I can get that waived). You got a logo designed yet?
bd1308
I'll try my hand at logo making, but Ive never done it before. I think we're doing pretty good, considering the meet isnt for another three months.

i'm at school right now, but when i get off i'll make us a logo. If ya dont like it, then we'll try something else biggrin.gif

b
robby750
Great Btritt, try to incorporate a horse in it somehow. I think that would look good. If you find it too difficult, send some ideas to Sean. I think he does that stuff for a living.
bd1308
i tried working on it, but sean does nice stuff. I'll pm him tonight. havent been on in a while, since its kinda getting lame reading all of the "Z change your avatar" threads.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.