Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portland Area Breakfast!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Britain Smith
Well, I have been up here for a couple of months and I am already starting to miss the Bay Area 914 breakfast get togethers. I know that we can't match the numbers, but lets get together anyway. There have been a few 914 people recently that I have met or that I need to meet...lets all get together and get some winter updates on our projects.

UPDATE: We are now meeting at Gary and Pam Chapmans place on Sunday, Feb. 5th for FREE food. Time to be determined along with some directions!

Attendance:
Britain, Angel, and Bryson Smith
Gary and Pam Chapman
JP (with a good attitude)

People in Portland Area that better show up!
Trevor
Mark Whitesell
CRAIGCAMP914GURU
Jim Chambers
and everyone else that I missed!
J P Stein
So, pick someplace easy to get to and find....cheep is gud .. but good food is more important. If you do that, I'll be there.
drgchapman
I'll host on Sunday Feb 5th. I need all you guys to come over and overwhelm me with your opinions on my 3.2, 915 project.

Let's call it brunch. Not too early, say 9-10am.
Britain Smith
Ok, meeting at Gary's place on Sunday!

You wanna do brunch or maybe an afternoon thing? Where the heck do you live?

HEY JP...is free good enough for ya?

Who else is in?

-Britain
J P Stein
QUOTE (drgchapman @ Jan 25 2006, 03:53 PM)
I'll host on Sunday Feb 5th. I need all you guys to come over and overwhelm me with your opinions on my 3.2, 915 project.

Let's call it brunch. Not too early, say 9-10am.

Humm.....easy to find is out. How's the food? laugh.gif
drgchapman
JP is coming anyway, I think, we have already talked. Let's see who signs up, then decide on an appropriate time. Are you thinking o-beer-30? beer.gif
jrcui
Wish I could show up but that's my monthy Army Reserve weekend... maybe next time.
Aloha,
Vince sad.gif
Porsche Rescue
I'm in. Don't listen to JP. He found it once so anyone can.
erikstoll
damnit i wish i was still in Portland sad.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jan 25 2006, 05:42 PM)
I'm in. Don't listen to JP. He found it once so anyone can.

I followed you & you were lost. wacko.gif
Rough_Rider
Ok ok, i'll see what i can do, but forgive me if i can't bring the teener. Its as you see in le avatar, very much on jacks dry.gif

Although i might nick a different Porker if that allright.
J P Stein
Now wait a minute....ain't that Seahawk....er...Superbowl Sunday?

Early, 9-10ish. Regular food.....no quiche?
drgchapman
That is Superbowl Sunday........

Any excuse for a party........Guys, bring the wives.

Wanna stay and watch the game in my media room? Ya'll are welcome. Pamela and I love hosting parties.

Let's see, beer, nachos, BBQ pork loin, tater skins, beer, twinkies,

I'll check on the time of the game.

party.gif
Porsche Rescue
Not true JP. It was Britain's house I couldn't find!!
boxstr
Last time we went to Garys home we met in the parking lot of the Home Depot at Exit 10 off I 205. So if you would like to do that again I will be happy to lead the way to Garys home.
CCLINFOLLOWTHELEADER
Mikey914
Love to go, I'm on call, so we'll see if I get to go.
Britain Smith
QUOTE (Mikey914 @ Jan 25 2006, 07:41 PM)
Love to go, I'm on call, so we'll see if I get to go.

I think that I am on call that weekend also, but that is probably not going to stop me! Are you at Intel also?

-Britain
drgchapman
OK, guys and gals. Superbowl starts at 3:00pm on Sunday, Feb 5.
We can either do our deal early and go home, or sleep in and get together around noon-1:00p. Discuss my car issues for an hour or so, then watch the game and eat.

Pretty good watching at my house......61"HDTV, surround sound. Beer frig.............

What should I plan for?

Gary

Oh yea..........

JP: I'll have the fourth wheel rest for the corner balance rig. Could you bring your engine lift goodies? I'm gonna need 'em pretty soon.
And JP mad.gif ,......Smile!!! biggrin.gif

[/QUOTE]Although i might nick a different Porker if that allright[QUOTE]

WTF does that mean Trevor?

Bruce Allert
drgchapman Posted on Jan 26 2006, 07:19 AM

Although i might nick a different Porker if that allright

WTF does that mean Trevor?

If one uses their imagination ... sheeplove.gif hmmmmm, prolly shoon't go thar biggrin.gif

I just can/will show depending on time.

I remember waiting in the Home Depot lot. Dave Hunt & Gerry were there waiting too.

.......b
Eric Taylor
Sorry if this is a hijacked.gif but it's get together related - Anyone from the portland area going to the auto show? I'm coming up tomorrow night with a buddy to go.
Eric
Seagrave
I'll see if I can reschedule another obligation and I'll be there...and Britian, if you're on call I can tell Malcolm where to find you. If Craig will have a rendezvous off of I205, just tell us when.
Britain Smith
QUOTE (Seagrave @ Jan 26 2006, 08:16 PM)
I'll see if I can reschedule another obligation and I'll be there...and Britian, if you're on call I can tell Malcolm where to find you. If Craig will have a rendezvous off of I205, just tell us when.

How do you know Malcolm? He was my first manager at Intel back in '99 when I was an intern. Do I know you at work?

-Britain
Seagrave
No, not yet you don't. We've exchanged some email back when you were about to transfer up. I'm in da fab every morning ('cept for Fridays).
Seagrave
I'm easy to recognize. I'm the one in the middle, dressed like a glass of milk.
Yoei66
Shoot! I'll be up on Mt. Hood next weekend, staying in a ski hut on cloud cap. beer.gif Maybe next time.
Britain Smith
QUOTE (Seagrave @ Jan 26 2006, 08:44 PM)
I'm easy to recognize. I'm the one in the middle, dressed like a glass of milk.

What area do you work in? I am in FE 193nm Litho...Poly Group.

-Britain
dinomium
You guys have fun, I would be tempted to attend if I was not already playing golf and watching football in Souther Oregon that week end!

Maybe next time...
drgchapman
OK, IT'S TIME TO FIRM THIS 914/SUPERBOWL PARTY UP

Super Bowl is at 3:00pm, Feb 5. Come on over around 1:00pm, bring the spouses and SO's, kids if ya have too. We'll talk bs.gif about cars for a couple of hours, mainly mine, eat and drink. Food chowtime.gif will be provided as well as libations. Or bring your own beer3.gif if you need something special.

So far we have have these folks attending:

Jim and Jan Chambers
JPIII
Craig Loughlin
Britain Smith and family
Bruce Allert
Trevor
Aaron Gillihan
Seagrave
Mikey914......WTF.....gots to work?

Anybody else?

Address is 470 SW Riverbend Dr. West Linn, 97068
Map quest works great, just look it up.

Let me know if your coming or not, so we can have enough for everyone.

jsharp.gif

I really like this emoticon.
boxstr
L A ughlin dry.gif
CCLINSPEELINGBEE
drgchapman
OOPS, Sorry Craig

Will you forgive me?

Ya got any old range balls we can beat into the river? golfer.gif
I'll try to get some too.
Bruce Allert
Count me in... if'n it ain't rainin' I'll bring Barrett's 914. If'n it is I'll bring the car that don't leak! (Miata)

.......b
boxstr
Gary, All is forgiven. I will see what I can find. Bruce Just don't forget the "card". you know the one.
CCLINAAA
Bruce Allert
laugh.gif Craig... I'm sit'n here thinkin' card???

then the dawn rolleyes.gif

Now I'm spooked stan.gif

Good one beer.gif & see ya there

.....b
boxstr
Are we meeting at the HD at exit 10 off I205??
CCLINGUIDEDOG
Bruce Allert
That'd be a good place. Easy landmark to find for those that would like to follow.
Meet there at 12:45 or so???
....b
Rough_Rider
Brilliant Craig,

I'll be over around 1 to get the party started beer3.gif or lend a hand welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Rough_Rider @ Feb 3 2006, 08:33 AM)
Brilliant Craig,

I'll be over around 1 to get the party started beer3.gif or lend a hand welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

he ain't brilliant... he jes' looks like that in the afternoon from being exposed to all the 914 brilliance at Camp biggrin.gif

....b
boxstr
Okay Gentelmen, 12:45 or there abouts at The Home Depot, Exit 10 off the I 205 freeway. My cell if needed is 503-799-5794.
Craig
drgchapman
Okay Gentelmen, 12:45 or there abouts at The Home Depot, Exit 10 off the I 205 freeway. My cell if needed is 503-799-5794.
Craig

Follow the leader to Gary's house.......

Thanks, Craig (the guy in charge)
double-a
anyone got directions? i wouldn't be there until after lunch with the fam, maybe 2-ish.

~a
Bruce Allert

1: Start out going WEST on E FOURTH PLAIN BLVD. 0.1 miles Map

2: Merge onto I-5 S toward PORTLAND. 21.1 miles Map

3: Merge onto I-205 N / VETERANS MEMORIAL HWY via EXIT 288 toward WEST LINN / OREGON CITY. 2.8 miles Map

4: Take the STAFFORD RD. exit- EXIT 3- toward LAKE OSWEGO. 0.3 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto SW STAFFORD RD. 0.8 miles Map

6: Turn LEFT onto SW MOUNTAIN RD / SW TURNER RD. Continue to follow SW MOUNTAIN RD. 3.6 miles Map

7: Turn LEFT onto SW HOFFMAN RD. 0.7 miles Map

8: Turn RIGHT onto SW RIVERWOOD DR. 1.0 miles Map

9: Turn RIGHT onto RIVER BEND DR. <0.1 miles Map

10: End at 470 Sw Riverbend Dr
West Linn, OR 97068-9416, US Map

Total Est. Time: 44 minutes Total Est. Distance: 30.81 miles

........b beer.gif
double-a
sounds like a drive, thx for the directions bruce. i'll try to get there fashionably late.

~a
Bruce Allert
Hey Aaron, ain't no fashion driving a 914 laugh.gif

...b
Seagrave
I'll be there for sure although I think I'll come in from the Wilsonville side. Looking forward to seeing you guys.
double-a
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Feb 3 2006, 03:12 PM)
Hey Aaron, ain't no fashion driving a 914 laugh.gif

...b

yes, well... the 914 is at the bodyshop, so i'll be driving something with too many doors and too little fun. dry.gif

~a
Porsche Rescue
Is it body and paint time Aaron? You've done everything else.
double-a
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Feb 3 2006, 05:30 PM)
Is it body and paint time Aaron? You've done everything else.

smilie_pokal.gif yep, it's due to be completed on the 17th.

~a
Mikey914
Sorry guy, work called and I'm working until 11:30 PM on Sunday sad.gif

Sucks, gonna miss the whole thing, can't even watch the game.
J P Stein
I plan to get there earlier......however, if you happen to see a brown Ford pickup driving around when you get in the area, direct me the right way wacko.gif
Seagrave
Not bringing a 914 JP?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.