Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me decide how to do my doors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I'm contemplating how to upholster the doors in my car.

On one hand, my interior is a little updated (stylized gauges, modern black seats with yellow accents, billet pedals and pedal board, Rennshift shifter with full leather shift boot...

and on the other hand, I have some classic accents... Prototipo steering wheel, simplistic cockpit design of the 914, harness belts.

I can go with the original GT-style doors with the leather pull strap to unlock the door as in...

IPB Image

or the new updated RS America style, with a yellow pull, as in...

IPB Image

What do you think?

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
ChrisReale
I say the Gt style. Your car is going to be badass
TimT
I prefer the RS style mueba.gif
Andyrew
GT.
I dont care much for the RS and the GT is well factory..
Dave_Darling
You turkey! wink.gif I wuz gonna be the first to respond, but you went and changed the poll while I was reading the note! Kept getting server errors when I hit "reply" or "reload" or...

I think the RSA look is cleaner. Not sure how you'd work the door latch, though!!

--DD
echocanyons
or maybekinda 916ish like this
Qarl
Yes Dave... my intentions exactly. To screw with your head... blink.gif

Something didn't translate right in the first poll posting, so I redid it.

Sorry!
URY914
RS
URY914
GT
boxstr
I would go with the RS look , keep the stock door handles or go yellow straps. And then a pull handle.
I spoke to John at Original Ffit Interiors awhile ago and we talked about doing the RS panels, and he said no problem he needed me to supply him with three of the metal clips off of the door panels. Also I like the perforated vinyl material.
CCLINRSPANELVILLE
Rusty
I chose "no vote" because I like the 916 style door panels, minus the map holder.
airsix
Karl, RS all the way. It is a much more fitting look to compliment your other more modern equipment. Looks clean. The GT style looks more like it was made from whatever the intern could find at the hardware store. As for the 916 door... barf.gif Did they get that plastic-covered chain door-pull off the tailgate of an old chevy? barf.gif
fiid
The RS certainly looks slicker, but you want to have some chrome on their to match your guages.

Don't know where I would go for that - but I'd still take the RS over all the other options. The straps and chains on the others look like afterthoughts.

Fiid.
Brad Roberts
How do you lock the doors ?? use the key in the outside all the time ???

B
campbellcj
I went super simple, like this. A little pull handle such as on the GT panels would be nice. I heard that was a Fiat part?
maf914
Karl,

Your car is goint to look great!

You mentioned a full leather boot for the Renn-shifter. That sounds like a good idea. Could you please describe what pieces you have planned for this. Is there a stock boot from some model that will cover the assembly?

Mike
rhodyguy
that chain ohmy.gif . looks like the end gate off of my old 70' intrnl p.u. i like the functionality of the map pocket. get busy karl!! bet your wife can't wait for you to get all your stuff out of the kitchen. "honey, pass the salt and the gauges please".

kevin
Rusty
Here is a picture of my door panel, mid construction. I used a handle that I bought from a music store.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Rusty
Here's a close-up of the handle I used.
Drums66
RS for sure, Hey Lawrence where are your curled tip shoes? laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Toe/Feet shots KILL ME... LOL clap56.gif

B
Aaron Cox
lawrence- that handle looks like it came off the top of my amp!
Brad Roberts
I still want to know how you plan to lock the doors ?? I try to use the stock key as little as possible.

B
Rusty
Aaron... good eye. It's an amplifier handle.

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S Drums... stfu.gif I only wear those boots with my Jedi costume (ala MUSR 2002).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.