Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lightweight engine mounting bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
There has been some talk of a lightweight front engine mounting bar on PP's BBS, but no details. I want to build one for a -4. I have an idea to make it out of 1" to 1 1/4" tubing and use a section of plate with a hole in it where the shift rod passes thru it. The stock cast iron bar is very heavy, even if it is down low.

Any ideas?
Paul
Brad Roberts
I have one. Nothing to be gained in my opinion. I got more of a response from the car by personally losing 5lbs. I want the weight down low and it doesnt get any lower than that.

B
kdfoust
At the Dunkle Porsche-thing there was a guy selling light weight engine mount bars which he scribbled "weltshyster" on as the brand name. I didn't bother to pick one up to see what the weight was like. If I remember it was made from something like 1-1/4" square tubing.

Have fun,
Kevin
SirAndy
QUOTE(kdfoust @ Feb 13 2003, 07:05 PM)
... he scribbled "weltshyster" on as the brand name

now why the hell would someone name his product

weltshyster = world-shit-er ???

glad you didn't buy one! rolleyes.gif
JWest
I put a tail shift bar into a car years ago, along with 911 sport mounts at the outside location (solid mount to engine). I cut and bent (or straightened) the side shift linkage rod to clear. Lighter and worked nice. Also the mounts are stronger thatn the POS mounts used on the engine of the side shift setup. I did it because I hated those rubber donut mounts.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 13 2003, 07:10 PM)
now why the hell would someone name his product

weltshyster = world-shit-er ???

Parody of "Weltmeister".

In US slang, "shyster" is also slang for "lawyer". Read into that what you will...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.