Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fell off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jenny
Since my targa top doesn't really latch on correctly yet, I drove with the top off today. I'm doing about 70mph on 17, and I start to notice more of a rattle than before. I realize it's the back glass. No biggie. I'm about 3-4 miles from where I want to be. Onward. After the 280 interchange, I check behind me to make a lane change and notice I have no back glass. It's sitting cock-eyed behind my seat. Joy!

So... was it bad/old butyl, or should I just use another form of adhesive?

Jen
Brad Roberts
It was all new.. I replaced it. The problem is: there is NOTHING to hold it in place. Normally your targa top pad and the two side pads hold it in after gluing.

Looks like we get to do it again.

B
Jenny
Great. How 'bout I duct tape it on both sides until after I paint it?

Jen
redshift
QUOTE(Jenny @ Aug 31 2003, 01:23 AM)
How 'bout I duct tape it on

Marry me.

heh

M
EdwardBlume
Enjoy the wind at your back until you can get it secured properly. Duct tape probably won't support the weight and pressure. Or just install the parts. smile.gif
rhodyguy
jenny, fell off and merging had me thinking bye-bye new car, as in fell off the road while merging. whew!!

kevin
Brad Roberts
Just pull it out and enjoy the air flow until after the car is painted. It will be one less item for them to mask off.

B
Jenny
Just wanted to make sure CA state law doesn't prohibit me from enjoying the wind at my neck.

Jen
Dave_Darling
No, but your hearing will... I found the no-rear-window thing to get really old after about 20 minutes.

--DD
airsix
Jenny, next time you have a bunch of guys help you put a car together you shouldn't wear short shorts. This is what happens (car falls apart later). lol3.gif
-Ben M.
Brad Roberts
Scott Carlberg is her only stalker at this point !!! LOL

B
EdwardBlume
Unless you installed the rat in her pedal box! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.