Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: possible color scheme?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goose2
did a quick and dirty Pshop job on this idea for my orange car..waddaya think?
McMark
boldblue.gif clap56.gif mueba.gif

Haven't seen that one yet. I like it.
alpha434
change the blue for purple.
lotus_65
like it. reversing the colors is unique

always liked that combo, esp. if the car is raced.
URY914
Actually I never liked the Gulf colors on a teener.
Maybe because it was not a true Gulf team car.

But that's just me. screwy.gif

P
Eric Taylor
do it randy! That car is gona be sweet smilie_pokal.gif With the get lid and all that your kinda already head towards the race look
Eric
messix
try yellow/orange
alpha434
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jan 27 2006, 05:35 AM)

P

ECK!!! BUZZKILL!!!
Midtowner
You could call it the Flug car (Gulf reversed). wacko.gif
goose2
Flug car...that's good laugh.gif ....might be worth it just for that. I'll try yellow and purple too.
nomore9one4
Very nice.I have been toying with the same scheme,but in different colors for mine. I like it! beer.gif
dinomium
Since orange is a a combo of Red and Yellow, does that mean it will be faster appearing to police while traveling faster that all other 914s?
Quantum existentialism color analysis
smoke.gif
alpha434
No. My past experiances prove that that much color distracts the police. Its sorta like this:

.......Vrrroooooooom...............................merVrooommm......

And the cop is like

Wow, look at that. What the hell is that. Holy jeeze! What was that?!?
nomore9one4
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Jan 27 2006, 12:41 PM)
No. My past experiances prove that that much color distracts the police. Its sorta like this:

.......Vrrroooooooom...............................merVrooommm......

And the cop is like

Wow, look at that. What the hell is that. Holy jeeze! What was that?!?

Yea right! lol2.gif
URY914
here is one in non-reversed colors...
race914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jan 27 2006, 05:35 AM)

P

Hey, I resemble that remark! ohmy.gif

What else do you do with Olympic Blue!?

Reverse scheme would stand out, don't think I've ever seen that combo
J P Stein
With all the lovely colors out there, why use that gawd awful blue? I may be corrupted from wearing a hard hat of that color for 15 years, but there it is.

The up side is that's it doesn't show the body work ripples....kinda like shitbox yellow biggrin.gif
goose2
Thanks for your opinions and suggestions....keep 'em coming. Here's the deal: The car is original signal orange, which is ok by me, but there's just a bit too much orange for my taste. The trunks, jambs etc are all really nice so I don't want to do a full color change. Also it's going to be a street car, summer driver, no flares (for now), big six, 7x16 rims, so I don't want to give it too much of a race car look....just something a little unique, a bit agressive, and not all orange. The Gulf blue is not my fave either but it has a Porsche tradition and it seemed like a reasonable starting point for exploring the possibilities. When I get some time laugh.gif , I'll try some more colors. Any other suggestions?
J P Stein
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jan 28 2006, 10:15 AM)
no flares (for now), big six, 7x16 rims,

Don't do anything.
Them straight sides won't last long past the first time you drive it in anger......that was my experience, at least. No sense spending money on pretty paint now.
meares
not bad.....i like the gulf livery better though smile.gif
goose2
Them straight sides won't last long past the first time you drive it in anger......

laugh.gif too true probably....and realistically it's not likely I'll get to the paint & body 'till next year. I want to drive it this summer...sort out the bugs and then make her pretty. Need to plan ahead tho.....
more colors:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.