Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumble bee FS - ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Is this a known bumble bee, #14765 on ebay?

I checked your site, but the car wasn't listed....

-- Rob
SLITS
Howie oh Howie....here's another to add to your collection of paint jobs.
Howard
Rob, thanks for the heads up. I'll be real interested to see what this car goes for.
Ron, buy it for Toasty biggrin.gif
nomore9one4
Keep in mind that photo is not the car.The car is all black now with a big ugly IMSA front bumper. Just a heads up!! pray.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Jan 27 2006, 10:05 AM)
Keep in mind that photo is not the car.The car is all black now with a big ugly IMSA front bumper. Just a heads up!! pray.gif

Yes thats a bit deceptive. Guess thats cool if youre just intersted in proper vin numbers etc. Does it infact have proper vin to be a Bumble Bee?

user posted image

user posted image
kconway
I think the seller is offering the original bumpers with it also.
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 27 2006, 11:00 AM)
Rob, thanks for the heads up. I'll be real interested to see what this car goes for.
Ron, buy it for Toasty biggrin.gif

Can't do it Howie, it violates my principle of "insecure identity" that some Teener owners exhibit....it has the cutdown 911 Porsche dodaddy between the tail lights. It's not pure. huh.gif

I really like the "run the pedistrian down" front bumper though. happy11.gif

AND

It's slow....it's black, not Corvette Millenium Yellow (which is incredibly fast) biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
It feels weird to see my own car in someone elses ebay listing...My email to the seller:

Hello, I noticed your ad for the 914 LE.  Looks like a nice car and I hope you receive a great price for it.  Can you kindly email me the chassis number (front door jamb plate, the engine and transaxle serial numbers?  I would be happy to include this car on the 914 LE Registry for you with this information.  Do you have a COA for this car too?  I have another request.  You do mention in the ad that you have included a photo of the original color scheme, but some may interpret that the black/yellow car is the one for sale because its photo is included in the listing.  Thats my car in the photo, HA! And its not for sale.  I dont mind that you used the photo of my car, but please include a very clear statement in the ad that the black/yellow car is not the one for sale.  You may also include a link to the 914 LE Registry, it might attract a buyer.  http://members.rennlist.com/914_canam/  Let me know if I can do anything to help you.  I know someone looking for a bumblebee.  Jeff Bowlsby

ph34r.gif
lotus_65
new engine($3,264.) has less than 500 miles ... The engine 2.0 914 stage 1 longblock FX, core deposit, dual exhaust, dual carburetors, 44 x 38 race valves, port & polish, H.D. single springs, 94 mm P’s & C’s, set up for Zero Deck 9.0 tot, engine buildup

what's the deal with the cost on the rebuild?! i'll be lucky if mine is twice that! (mine's not a race setup tho)
ohmy.gif
is it the location that makes it more affordable, or what?

(i don't mean to threadjack) beer.gif
gregrobbins
If the car is located in the Phoenix area and anyone needs a PPI, I would be happy to do one for you. I do know a little about LEs.
JeffBowlsby
Nice seller! She accomodated my request and was helpful...

Hi.. I do mention(twice) in the ad that the blk/yellow is what the car should/could be restored to and currently is all black. Yours ia awesome. We were going to have it repainted and had that photo to show the guy who was going to do the work what it looked like. I just took pics of the plate with the paint #L041 and the plate with manufacture date 02/74. It was with my friends camera so she has to download and email pics back to me. I will send you a copy and put on ad also. Will get the other info for you also. Have the app. for COA but never did send it in. My husband got the car as somewhat of a payment. We both drive 4 X 4's and it is not easy getting in and out of that little thing! We are going to be moving up on a 40 acre parcle we have and there will be no way that car could be driven up the road to the property. So, time to sell it. It just sits in the garage under a cover.

I may be onto another LE, but its in borderline condition. Anyone want a Bumblebee basketcase in Utah?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.