Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No heat and missing stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
My '75 2.0 has never really pumped out any measurable heat in the cab, could the following picture be why? (See below pic) It's pretty rusted on the passenger side, and is missing the warm air guide below it as well. Would help to cause heating issues? If so, does anyone have a spare passenger side warm air guide?

Also, is there supposed to be a plate covering up my '75 2.0 master cylinder? The haynes book says there's supposed to be one (so it must be true!).
I couldn't see where it would attach to though...
rjames
Is the clutch thingy supposed to have a cover too??

...that's right, I said thingy. rolleyes.gif
Allan
No cover over the clutch thingy.

I couldn't figure out the first pic.
SirAndy
QUOTE (rjames @ Jan 27 2006, 04:25 PM)
It's pretty rusted on the passenger side, and is missing the warm air guide below it as well. Would help to cause heating issues?

warm air guide has nothing to do with the heater system. for good heat, you need the following:

- Heat Exchangers in good condition. no rust. SSIs are even better.
- operational flapper vales. they do rust shut sometimes.
- good hose from flapper valve to the heater tube that goes through the longs.
- cables hooked up the both flapper valves and the lever near your shifter (to open the flapper valves)
- a working heater blower in the engine comp. either the 1 or 2 outlet type. outlets connected to the J-Tubes with proper hose.
- the air-mixture levers on the dashboard in the right position.

if all that is present and in good working order, you'll have sauna-like conditions in there in no time!
smash.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.