Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off of Jack Stands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Got the car off jack stands to do a bit of shakedown. It is supposed to be 50 degrees as well - maybe I'll even wash it. A little nervous taking itt on the street given all the work I've done - (brakes, suspensions, fuel system) any suggestions before I take the plunge to the street?

Check it out ...

vesnyder
does the ride height look a bit low?

vesnyder
check out the new interior - nice woooden dash! How do you get the center tunnel carpet to lay flat w/o glueing?
vesnyder
how about thos new leather seats? I am metting psyched for Spring!!
vesnyder
whoops ...
Dave_Darling
Yes, it looks a little low. You might think about using the adjusters on the torsion bars to raise the front up a bit. If not, be very careful to notice if you bottom the suspension at all. If so, then definitely raise the car back up again.

Stomp the brake pedal a couple of times before the car moves. Just in case.

--DD
JoeSharp
Is that a Lava Lamp on your bench?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
TINCAN914
Nice work...
Go enjoy the day, I know Ohio dosen't get many nice days this time of year, take advantage of it.
vesnyder
Joe - very observant - that is a Lava Lamp. Sets the mood I need to work on the car! Stole it from my daughter after she got sick of it! does not work real well in the garage temps!
wertygrog
nice work! I love the tan leather/shiny wood look! Nice yellow too. driving.gif

did you install the stereo unit yourself? if so, how did you do the adapter?

brent
vesnyder
Thanks - I am pretty happy with teh way it came out! I have not fully installed the stereo yet but I plan on doing it myself - looks pretty straight forward. Not sure what you mean by "adapter"?
wertygrog
hmmm doesn't look like a prob. for you, but on my dash the rectangular hole is bigger than my stereo, so I'm gonna need to find some sort of adapter plate to make it fit....but your wooden dash looks like it fits snug!

brent
Lou W
Looks great, you gotta love the leather. smile.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Another new 914 for the Mid West Classic in Aug.
Nice work. Looks great. Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.