Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got New Corbeau Classic ll's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgara962
Got new Corbeau Classic ll's for the car. Ordered them from motorsportseats.com. Great price and they arrived two days later smilie_pokal.gif Definately worth a call if you are looking for seats.
d914
they mount to the 914 seat slides....a little wiggle with the drill might be needed
jgara962
Now, for anyone that has Corbeau seats, how are you supposed to mount the sliders to the adapter bars. dry.gif The holes on the adapter bars don't line up with the other set of holes in seat, so you can't bolt them directly in. My only other guess was to sandwich the bolt head between the bottom of the seat and bar and use the nylock nuts - but that doesn't seem right. Totally confused right now wacko.gif
jgara962
QUOTE (d914 @ Jan 28 2006, 08:21 AM)
they mount to the 914 seat slides....a little wiggle with the drill might be needed

Just ditch the adapters all together and bolt the sliders to the bottom of the seat using the outside holes?
d914
like he said beer.gif
campbellcj
I had the same issue with a different Corbeau seat years ago -- their "914 adapter" doesn't fit and doesn't seem to actually be for 914's! screwy.gif I just bolted the rails directly to the bottom of the seat as mentioned above.
Steve
There is a do it your selfer for this on the pelican site.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...at_install3.htm
Racing916
I had the same problem, I got rid of the rails all together, because my father and I are the only ones that drive my car. I fabricated a solid frame and bolted the seats to the floor. It is also kind of a track car so this was safer anyways. I used square tubing and the mounter adapter bars. If you use the seats with your original rails you might find you sit up way to high. just a fyi. I like the seats you got though!!! smilie_pokal.gif

jgara962
Ahhh...the Pelican site. Should have thought to check there. Thanks guys, can't wait to get them installed. biggrin.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE (Steve @ Jan 28 2006, 08:47 AM)
There is a do it your selfer for this on the pelican site.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...at_install3.htm

LOL...looks familiar (my old car & pics)
jasons
So what did you pay for em? Their site only quotes MSRP.

I plan to get those, but I am just going to bolt them to the floor.
Aaron Cox
do they fit the backpad???
jgara962
QUOTE (jasons @ Jan 28 2006, 02:55 PM)
So what did you pay for em? Their site only quotes MSRP.

They were $179 each.
jgara962
And here they are installed. Man the second seat sure went a lot quicker than the first. What a PITA the first one was. Partially my fault for not centering one of the holes I had to drill.

Not to crazy about how it looks with the brown backpad. May replace it with a thin piece of wood covered in black. A project for another day...
jasons
QUOTE (jgara962 @ Jan 28 2006, 03:52 PM)
So what did you pay for em?  Their site only quotes MSRP.

They were $179 each.

$179 + shipping?
jgara962
QUOTE (jasons @ Jan 28 2006, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (jgara962 @ Jan 28 2006, 03:52 PM)
So what did you pay for em?  Their site only quotes MSRP.

They were $179 each.

$179 + shipping?

I don't have the recipt with me. The two seats, mounting adapters, and shipping was around $430. Give them a call and ask for Jim. A really nice guy, very helpful, and doesn't have a problem giving a quote over the phone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.