Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch time!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sportlicherFahrer
Well, its that time! Clutch has started slipping, and I need to replace it before it completely goes south. Thinking about performance stuff, but I am unfamiliar with affordable, well-performing, somewhat long lasting clutch brands. I have also heard that bus flywheels are a touch lighter? Not too sure on that one, but I would like to maybe lighten that thing up a bit if possible too. Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Any other recommendations?
john rogers
Unless you are doing an awful lot of auto-x or DE's, I say stay with stock parts although a slightly heavier duty pressure plate would serve. In our 1974 2L stocker the clutch lasted 7 years or about 160K miles before we replaced it.
sportlicherFahrer
Should have mentioned this. I tend to drive like I am at a DE on a regular occasion. biggrin.gif A little bit stiffer plate would help a bit, but after looking at prices at Pelican and AA I dont think I can afford it right now. After all, I am just a 20 yr old workin part time at Schuck's! dry.gif Where can I find the best price for a COMPLETE kit (t/o bearing, disc, cover, seals, and misc. bushings) minus flywheel? I would use my discount at work, but its NLA there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.