Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rolex 24
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sjhowitson
The Porsche is running great and looking for a DP win. Tons of 911 in the race.
smg914
I Just got home from Daytona. It was a beautiful day to watch racing. Also a great day for spending some quality time with some 914 friends. I spent some time talking with Doug Waters and watched the race and rapped with TC. They both drove their 914-6's and parked them in the Porsche Corral. I drove over from Tampa in a 1993 C2 coupe.
SGB
smilie_pokal.gif
I wish I was there. There have been a lot of "incidents"- looked like NASCAR...
Endurance racing is great. Maybe I'll make it to Sebring in March.
race914
Got up at 0430am to watch the last 5 hours on Speed.

1st thing I heard was the Alex Job #23 Porsche was back in 1st until they had another CV joint failure.

Live coverage at: 2006 Rolex 24
stock93
It was definately awesome. I didn't run into any of the 914 guys while I was over there. I was really impressed with the M3 #5 that was staying ahead of some of the prototype cars.

Scott, give me a shout if you come down for sebring.

John
sjhowitson
Got up early to watch this morning. Job racing still has a chance. The Target racing team runs a great program. Just goes to show what a big bag of $$$ will do. Crown Royal team need some luck to get the win. The Racers Group GTO could get the win in the GT class
sjhowitson
Crown Royal just bit the dust....Bummer
rick 918-S
QUOTE (race914 @ Jan 29 2006, 05:34 AM)
Got up at 0430am to watch the last 5 hours on Speed.

1st thing I heard was the Alex Job #23 Porsche was back in 1st until they had another CV joint failure.

Live coverage at: 2006 Rolex 24

Me too. Couldn't sleep. Watching the end. driving.gif
stock93
Anyone know if theres a live stream online somewhere? I dont have cable.

John
race914
QUOTE (stock93 @ Jan 29 2006, 07:54 AM)
Anyone know if theres a live stream online somewhere? I dont have cable.

John

Live audio at:

http://grandamerican.vfx.com/Rolex/GrandAm...merican_800.asp
stock93
Porsche took 1st in GT with TPC racing
Joe Ricard
So now I have to get some work done.
Wife thought it was cool that the RX-8 was leadig the class for awhile.
But it takes a Porsche to win!!! smilie_pokal.gif and how about that Shred it car fastest car by far whole race. DAmn CV joint boots. WTF.
URY914
wink.gif
URY914
smilie_pokal.gif
ein 6er
QUOTE (SGB @ Jan 28 2006, 09:49 PM)
There have been a lot of "incidents"- looked like NASCAR...
Endurance racing is great.

av-943.gif

it was good seeing the ones i saw and i'm sorry i missed the ones i missed!! wacko.gif
i'll post a few pics tomorrow ..... i need SLEEEEEEP!!!
scotty b
QUOTE (sjhowitson @ Jan 29 2006, 07:13 AM)
Crown Royal just bit the dust....Bummer

What the hell happend there? I went out to the garage for a couple hours and when I came back in it was no more, and the announcers never made mention of what happend?! In car cam last night on Justin Wilson was incredibbe when the rear kept trying to come around on him. Awesome f'in driving on his part driving.gif
Joe Ricard
Crown Royal car "let the steam escape" you know like letting the smoke out of electronics
no matter what you do it just won't go back in.
scotty b
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jan 29 2006, 04:18 PM)
Crown Royal car "let the steam escape" you know like letting the smoke out of electronics
no matter what you do it just won't go back in.

huh.gif Werked for trains, should werk on a car right???
johnmhudson111
Bumos team got robbed IMO of 3rd place when the leading Target DP car hit them in the rear causing the damage that resulted in a flat tire that knocked it out of 3rd. That's racing but grrrr....

But, I am glad that the other Porsche powered car moved into 3rd.
Scott Carlberg
AAARRRGGGHHHH headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

DAMN it, for some reason my TiVo did Not record the last 4hrs from this morning, 5am - 9am.

"this show was not recorded due to a recording conflict"

S. of a B. confused24.gif bs.gif

At least the 'new' Alex Job Porsche Daytona Prototype was fast, or should I say FASTEST!!!

I REAlly want to go to that race someday.
maf914
QUOTE (Scott Carlberg @ Jan 29 2006, 05:45 PM)
DAMN it, for some reason my TiVo did Not record the last 4hrs from this morning, 5am - 9am.

Even if your TIVO had worked, you would have missed the last 10 minutes, since the race started after 12 PM EST and therefore ended after 12 PM. I set my VHS per the Speed program directory, 8 AM to 12 PM, and didn't get the finish or the post race interviews. Grrrr.... mad.gif

But, actually, I saw the finsh from the front straight grandstand. My various favorites didn't win, but they all had a chance. The weather in Daytona was great all weekend, no rain until we were driving home.
carr914
Here are a couple of pictures from the Porsche Corral while I await race pix from our Official photographer Doug.

T.C.

Dougs 914-6
carr914
I never saw or talked to the owner of this nice 914-6 conversion.

T.C.
carr914
I never had a clear shot of my car all day. I was parked with a Cayman on one side and a slopenose 930 on the other. People kept crowding near these cars to get a shot of the car in-between. Great talking with Doug and Steve, also saw Donnie Weimer (he bought the Beck 914 from me last year). Had alot of people ask me what my car was. Is it me or the car that keeps getting older. Saw alot of action and saw almost every crash between the kink and the 2nd Horseshoe. The shunt with the Suntrust car and the Bimmer was a hard hit. The wildest sound came when the Fernandez Lowes DP went dirt farming, caught a little air, came down nose first, dug in and snapped off the whole front end. For a while it looked liked you could have made a fortune selling off C/F memorabilia, if you could have grabbed it. They had piles of sitting down there. Okay Doug, where are the real pictures?

T.C.
carr914
icon_bump.gif DOUG calling Doug. I'm waiting for your pictures. I know youve got some great ones

T.C.
ein 6er
QUOTE (carr914 @ Jan 31 2006, 03:16 PM)
icon_bump.gif DOUG calling Doug. I'm waiting for your pictures. I know youve got some great ones

T.C.

yesssssss ...... you rang?!? rolleyes.gif

sorry, i had to catch up on some sleep!!

i didn't get that many good pics, the best angles are on the other side of the fence, so you kinda get stuck shooting the same corner.

t.c., i didn't get a pic of your car either, there was always a crowd there!! i must say, i found a lot of luuuuuuuuuv for the 914 there!!!

here are a few, in no particular order.
ein 6er
never talked to this guy either, '74 w/ 2.4 6cyl.
ein 6er
cayman
ein 6er
bmw
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
1st in gt
ein 6er
goat
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
the audi influence
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.