Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Closing in 4 hours on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Here's a V-8 project in pieces closing on ebay in 4 hours. The devil in me says it could be a fun project! It's only a couple hours from where I live.
Ebay Project 4 sale
What's this pile of parts worth with the 914? As you see it, what are some of the major items missing?
Tell me to not go down that road...I'm surely tempted!
Thanks, Mark
rhodyguy
my guess is the reserve is far higher than the current bid. could be a rude wakeup call for the seller even though he has thrown lots of money at parts. edit: the picture showing the driver's side door handle is unsettling. big potential for issues.

k
computers4kids
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 29 2006, 01:12 PM)
my guess is the reserve is far higher than the current bid. could be a rude wakeup call for the seller even though he has thrown lots of money at parts.

k

Most likely true!

PS If anyone is in the Visalia are...DON'T TELL MY WIFE...SHE'LL HAVE A COW!
skline
QUOTE (computers4kids @ Jan 29 2006, 01:15 PM)
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 29 2006, 01:12 PM)
my guess is the reserve is far higher than the current bid. could be a rude wakeup call for the seller even though he has thrown lots of money at parts.

k

Most likely true!

PS If anyone is in the Visalia are...DON'T TELL MY WIFE...SHE'LL HAVE A COW!

Realistically, it is worth what ever someone will pay for it. The conversion parts he has there are probably worth around 1500 and the engine if it is complete and ready to assemble is worth another 1200, then it is just a matter of what you would pay for the car. I would not use the radiator setup he has there, I would go for the Renegade setup and that will cost you another 1k. Then it is just a matter of putting it all together. Could be a fun project, but I would not spend more than 2500 for it on Ebay. You dont know really what condition the car is actually in.

Oh, it is only about 30 minutes from me.
LowGT
Well somebody won it. Did you get it? wavey.gif
boxstr
If you are looking for a V8 Project, this one is close and can be delivered. Check the classifieds.
CCLINV8ISNOTFORWEENIES
computers4kids
SOLD...$2200
Unfortunately..or maybe fortunately I waffled toooooo long and biddding closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.