Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man! Did I Get Lucky!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Yup, a leaky #3 injector hose & a fouled #2 spark plug is all that was keeping the 74 2.0 from running like it used to....F A S T boldblue.gif

This is the car Craig helped me by towing it from a shop where it'd been sitting for a year.

I drained the old gas & put in some new. Checked the oil & found it a qt low and in need of a change. Turned the key to pressure up the system & found that leak. It had the original injector crimped hose. I'll replace all the fuel injector hoses along with points, plugs, oil & tranny fluid. Give it a good valve adjustment & be ready for the

W C C 06 thumb3d.gif

I beddah shadup befor & jinx mahself poke.gif
.....b
Porsche Rescue
Back in the saddle again! smilie_pokal.gif
markb
clap56.gif
JoeSharp
You Know This Is Coming.... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
And it is good to hear.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
tat2dphreak
awesome man!! smilie_pokal.gif
Bruce Allert
Ya-ya, OK smile.gif but the only pics I gots are the ones I took before taking off the air cleaner so's I kin remember how they all went back... It's been a few months since I messed with one of these rolleyes.gif And this one has all original colored hoses too.

Maybe you can see how cracked some of them are. I cut ends off some to be (partially) sure I had a halfway decent seal. This 74 still has the decel valve. Not sure if it works cuz it's raining, tags are expired, there's no insurance & I haven't driven it yet... but I'm anxious burnout.gif

....b
Bruce Allert
dfgdf
Bruce Allert
the rust in the battery tray is just surface stuff.
I'd forgotten how much a mess there is with all these vacuum hoses ohmy.gif sheesh what a mess!
DNHunt
Bruce

Are you back for real? This is GOOD news.

Dave
Porsche Rescue
Make your brother-in-law a cash offer BEFORE you tell him it runs!
A man cannot live by Miata alone.
Seagrave
Good news Bruce. Ghost of Punkin rides again.
Bruce Allert
DNHunt Posted on Jan 29 2006, 05:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bruce

Are you back for real? This is GOOD news.

Dave  

Oh, I dunno Dave. I am having "thoughts" idea.gif

Porsche Rescue Posted on Jan 29 2006, 06:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make your brother-in-law a cash offer BEFORE you tell him it runs!
A man cannot live by Miata alone.  

I just went out to feed the horses and as I walked by the 914 I heard (in my mind) I sure love those cars cool.gif
So I fed the critters, came out & began filling their water bucket. Then went into the shop to retrieve the 914 car cover I had on the shelf (Punkins[sniff]) and covered the 'lil car for the night. It sits between the T100 & my ScoobyDoo under the car port.

I got him on the phone this afternoon & let him listen to it so he knows! I'm sure he'd make me a good deal.

Seagrave Posted on Jan 29 2006, 06:14 PM
Good news Bruce. Ghost of Punkin rides again.  

I'll accept that but not the engine problems I had with Punkin smash.gif The bro-n-law said it was always dependable confused24.gif I din't know a 914 could be with Punkin the way it was rolleyes.gif
Oh well, I may give it another try

cuz I do love these cars slap.gif

.......b

sixnotfour
(Teary eye smiley guy),
Right on man beerchug.gif
Katmanken
It don't look like a Punkin, looks more like a Booberry.....

Hmmmmm.... wonder what Punkin's grin would look like on THAT blue car...... idea.gif

happy11.gif

Ken
Bruce Allert
Yup, Ken... it's Blue. Very oxidized blue.
What's a good product for taking off the oxidation & bring out the color & shine?

I know, elbow grease is part of the equation wink.gif

...b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.