Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Flares, GT Rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
I just talked to John Rogers and he told me I could go with, I'm going to do my body work don in TJ at the same time he is.

I will buy:

GT Flares
GT Rockers
916 Front/Rear Bumper

the question is.. from where?
Option 1

Option 2

Or do you guys recomend a better place? I heard about patrick motorsports but Can't find the flares on his site.

thanks
jim912928
get steel flares. Call GPR (german parts & restoration). They sell repro's.
boxstr
You might want to post to the classifieds. I would buy from Greg Treadway at GT Performance.
CCLINFLAREDOUT
Aaron Cox
steel is the only way to fly...

unless you use FG with rivets. all the bonding jobs ive seen are 'crack city'..........

fg flared valences are available from all the fg sources...

MSDSinc.com is teh ONLY place ive seen a flared rearvalence
cbenitah
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 29 2006, 06:54 PM)
steel is the only way to fly...

unless you use FG with rivets. all the bonding jobs ive seen are 'crack city'..........

I will do rivets.. i like the look and gives me the option of changing them out if the crack.break/etc.. Steel will come one day, but for now I'm satisfied with FG

so none of the places I listed was any good???
boxstr
Set of glass flares never used in box ready to ship. $250. plus shipping.
CAMP 914
cbenitah
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 29 2006, 08:33 PM)
Set of glass flares never used in box ready to ship. $250. plus shipping.
CAMP 914

I got adviced that I needed to buy the GT rockerr from the same place i bought the flares since they mold from the same car ??? Give me a little input on this, otherwise I'll buy em from you!
STL914
Sent you a PM
boxstr
This very well could be. You will need to do some fitting to the rockers whether they are purchased from the same manufactuerer or purchased individually.
CCLINFIT
Marv's3.6six
I also vote steel. The fit and finish of most of the glass I have seen is terrible. barf.gif
cbenitah
QUOTE (Marv's3.6six @ Jan 29 2006, 10:10 PM)
I also vote steel. The fit and finish of most of the glass I have seen is terrible. barf.gif

but where?

from who.. i have read tons of posts about f/g flares cracking etc.. so i'd love steel, but not for 1600.... if i can find them for 5-800 i'd do it.. thats why i use rivets so i wont have the problem om bad bonding jobs..

does any one have a place where they recommend me to go look?
cbenitah
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 29 2006, 10:37 PM)
TRY GT PERFORMANCE...

website?
sixnotfour
option 1 in your first post
http://gtautoperformance.com/
carr914
I personally don't like any of the flared rocker panels out there. They are thin in all the wrong places and you have to do alot of fitting. I finally scrapped the F/G and flared out my original metal ones.

T.C.
jasons
QUOTE (carr914 @ Jan 30 2006, 07:24 AM)
I personally don't like any of the flared rocker panels out there. They are thin in all the wrong places and you have to do alot of fitting. I finally scrapped the F/G and flared out my original metal ones.

T.C.

Got Pics?
jim912928
You can get steel flares (read my post above) from GPR (www.gprparts.com). I don't believe you'll find the steel flares on their website but call them. They resell the steel repro flares that AA produces and I believe they are just under 1k.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.