Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Easy, quick question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
roughly, how many gallons should the 914 hold, i put about 8 gallons in when the pump stopped but the gauge says i only have about half a tank, checking to see if its the guage or the pump....thanks
URY914
A little over 16 if I remember right.

Paul
MarkV
16.4 US gallons.
ChrisReale
I think around 12 gallons...maybe??
Qarl
Don't put the filler nozzle all the way down.
biosurfer1
sounds like its the pump...huh, wonder why it shut off so soon...thanks guys
seanery
see Karl's post.

You can't put it in all the way cause the auto shut off holes are into the tank's fuel and will stop.
You kinda have to hold it up.
Aaron Cox
yeah ive figure that out too. i cant ever get more than 14 or so in my car! and thats up to the rim of the tank- i even ran out of gas and i got like 15 in and thats it!
Dave_Darling
Today's gas pumps are made for cars that have a filler neck going down a ways to get to the tank. The 914 fills directly into the tank, and the tank itself is relatively wide and flat. Let the pump click off, then pull the nozzle most of the way out of the tank. Fill it the rest of the way until you can see fuel in the filler neck. Then, if you're really anal, you can wiggle the car to "burp" air bubbles out the filler. And put more gas in...

I've put just under 16 gallons in--once.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.